Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue & yellow)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The iron holder also has a convenient area for a cleaning wire and a cleaning sponge. I only wish that the opening for the cleaning wire was a bit bigger. As is, I regularly clean the tip using the same spot. Having the removable bottom makes it so easy to clean all the solder junk that collects at the bottom from the cleaning wire. If only the rubber legs were a bit wider, they would help keep the iron holder from sliding around my desk. (This could be just because of the type of tabletop I have it sitting on.) Removable FX-888D tray Heater output has been increased by 30% compared to that of the conventional models HAKKO 936/937. Also FX-888D delivers excellent thermal recovery by using T18 series tips for their terrific heat conductivity. This is a genuine 240V Hakko Soldering Station with Australian plug. This soldering station comes with a FREE pair Piergiacomi Flush Side Cutters - 138mm . The FX-888D is compatible with T18 series tips and has a 30% increase in heater output compared to the standard Hakko 936/937. Tech Specs: The Hakko has a digital control screen, while the Weller only has a dial interface. The digital control panel allows for precise temperature settings and displays the current temperature in real-time, making it easier to maintain consistent soldering. Additionally, Hakko’s buttons are larger and more intuitive, making it easier for users to navigate without looking at the instructions. Overall, Hakko’s controls give it an edge in terms of ease of use.

This Hakko iron’s temperature range is 392°-896°F. However, the manufacturer recommends using this unit only for general electronics projects. If you have to solder power SMD devices on multilayer boards, then I do not recommend it. You need an iron such as the ADS200 or JBC. For anything else with less power requirement, you will be well served. Read full review The Hakkos have quality construction, this iron is the last one you'll need for decades. Heats up in 30 seconds, with a calibrated temperature control knob gives precision heat to minimize cold solder joints. Once you know you're on the path of electronics, this is the iron you'll want beside you on your desk. Since I started using my new Hakko soldering iron, I have been soldering not just because I must but because I want to! To the point that I am running out of things to solder. The main reason I ran out is how the little time it takes for the soldering iron to heat up. Before, I would have to start heating my soldering iron and then begin prepping everything. Usually, I was ready before the iron was ready to the solder. Otherwise, I would be sitting there with the tip on the leads, waiting for enough heat to be able to melt the solder. BUT. Even then, I’d have to wait for the leads to heat up enough for the solder to flow correctly.

Product Comments

This type differs from Shape B and I by bending the tip end and is capable of soldering by applying the tip in 2 ways: face and point. The width (size of tip) suitable for the workpiece can be selected, and it can be used for any soldering work.

But really that is how the system works, press Enter and the first digit flashes so you can press the arrow to change that digit, press enter again to go to the next digit, repeat till you have the temp you want. Unless you need an exact temp, you will never change the last number away from 0, so you will just change the first or second digit. Most times I am changing it up/down in hundreds so I just change the first digit and then hit enter twice to skip the next to digits. Anyone even remotely tech savvy or under a certain age will be totally fine with this, the only way the interface is an issue is if you are constantly changing temps, and even then it depends on the temps you are using and how many different temps since you can set custom presets to switch between. There are only two buttons on the FX888D - UP and ENTER. Thats all that is required to set-up and operate this easy to use system. With a clear user interface, setting-up and using this soldering iron is fast and simple. This unit also comes with a convenient Soldering Iron Holder. The FX-888D by Hakko has the ESD control unit, under the digital display. The display has one 2 buttons: “Up” and “Enter”. The temperature presets are intuitive and very simple. Even if the user has not used any Hakko soldering stations before and there is any instruction nearby, it is very easy to understand how to pre-set the required temperature mode. I love how the iron holder is separate from the base. It easily can be placed anywhere in the work area. Also, keeping the base unit in one spot makes life so much easier. It gives the iron itself enough room so nothing nearby can accidentally be melted or burned by the iron.With a digital display that’s easy on the eyes, Hakko’s latest model is not only reliable but also has excellent thermal recovery properties. Plus, it comes with a variety of tips and spares! This type has a shape like a knife and is capable of soldering by applying the tip in 3 ways: line, face, and point. It is used for soldering at narrow pitches, correction of bridging, and drag soldering. Adjust the tip temperature to match the set temperature in case that there is a difference between those temperatures due to tip shape, heater replacement, or other factors. This particular soldering iron can be used for stained glass. Just keep in mind that you should start soldering at the decreased temp range. Slowly increase the temperature range until you get the expected result. Appliance Spare Parts - AEG, CHEF, Dishlex, Electrolux, Kelvinator, Panasonic, Sharp, Simpson & Westinghouse

Additionally, both the Hakko FX-888D and the Weller WE1010 have temperature control dials that allowed me to adjust the heat for different soldering tasks. This was particularly helpful for delicate projects where too much heat could potentially damage the materials being worked on. Both stations also have a digital display that showed the current temperature, as well as a convenient standby mode to conserve energy when not in use. Differences Between Hakko FX-888D and Weller WE1010 Performance This feature is very convenient when you want to change the set temperature to suit a particular workpiece, component, or tip shape. Simply select the desired temperature from a selection of preset temperatures registered in advance. (Up to 5 preset temperatures can be registered.) Preset mode can save your trouble and improve workability. This electric device cord length is 3.9 feet and its power consumption is 65 W. It is made of plastic and metal, with a ceramic heater as the primary heating element. The LED display shows the temperature in °F or °C. ESD safe, this soldering station from Hakko is an excellent choice for anyone needing a reliable consistent soldering tool. Specifications Hakko’s stand is sturdier and boasts a secure holder for the iron, meaning it won’t tip over if accidentally bumped. It also offers two ways to clean the tip – brass wire for dry cleaning and a sponge for wet cleaning. Plus, its easy-to-remove top lets you clear out excess solder from the cleaning stations without any trouble. The HAKKO FX-888D is a reliable general purpose soldering station suitable for most SMD and T/Hole applications. It is the updated digital version of the popular FX-888 and includes several new features. User selectable pre-set temperatures along with a simple calibration procedure for accurate tip temperature measurement. A low temperature alarm provides process control and helps protect against cold solder joints.Saw some people don't like the separate iron stand, but personally that is the best for me. The station and stand can sit in the corner under my monitor at all times and I can just pull out the stand when I need to solder and I don't have to worry about any heat affecting my monitor. And the stand itself is all metal and feels quality. Time will tell with the sponge, saw some people not liking it, but haven't run into anything myself as of yet. Ultimately, the decision comes down to your specific needs and preferences. Both products are high quality and will do the job well. It’s just a matter of choosing which features are most important to you in a soldering station. FAQ Where is Hakko FX-888D made?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop