Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher

Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher

RRP: £33.00
Price: £16.5
£16.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Chapter 5 describes how to use learning journals, and other techniques to see through students' eyes. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

Critical reflection can also aid in understanding and managing classroom power dynamics, modeling critical thinking for students, as well as working with the complexities of diverse classrooms. Educators with the courage to challenge their own assumptions in an effort to improve learning are the invaluable role models our students need. Houle Award for Outstanding Literature in Adult Education, he is the author of numerous books on teaching, including The Skillful Teacher (2015), Teaching for Critical Thinking (2011), and The Discussion Book (with Stephen Preskill) (2016), all from Jossey-Bass.Houle Award for Outstanding Literature in Adult Education, he is the author of numerous books on teaching, including The Skillful Teacher(2015), Teaching for Critical Thinking(2011), and The Discussion Book(with Stephen Preskill) (2016), all from Jossey-Bass. This is the second Brookfield book that I have read, after starting with his revised edition of The Skillful Teacher (2015). At the very point that I thought I was failing, numerous students gave feedback that suggested the opposite. In his own personal voice Stephen Brookfield draws from over 45 years of experience to illustrate the clear benefits of critical reflection.

Stephen Brookfield—the award-wining educator and bestselling author—explains how to confront the contradictions involved in creating democratic classrooms by using critical reflection as a tool for ongoing personal and professional development. It earned rave reviews after its initial publication, and several friends recommended it highly to me years ago. I have seen Stephen Brookfield in conferences and he is a brave educator, open to tackle some of the issues most of us would rather not. Filled with practical tools and expert insight, this volume helps facilitate a journey of constructive self-critique. In addition, all chapters have been thoroughly updated and expanded to align with today's classrooms, whether online or face-to-face, in large lecture formats or small groups.

Chapter 3 establishes the importance for critical reflection of teachers analyzing their own autobiographies as learners. All chapters have been thoroughly updated and expanded to reflect today’s classroom formats, whether online or face-to-face, or in large ­lectures or small groups. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Chapter 6 outlines the critical incident questionnaire and gives a case study illustration of its use.Chapter 10 looks at the particular contributions that the literature of critical reflection can make to the reflective effort. The second edition that is being reviewed here saw the light of day in 2017, more than two decades after the first. Chapter 4 continues the discussion of the autobiographies and describes a number of practical approaches for doing autobiographical reflection. Most appealing is Brookfield's openness to how the various techniques may be individually tailored by educators to fit unique situations. What I love about this simple, anonymous survey is that it provides clear insight into how students experience my teaching.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop