Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Compared to the F1 Custom, I noticed that the PSB produces deeper soundstage, but less natural mid and high freq.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 review - Reviews League Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 review - Reviews League

The tweeter on the Diamonds is rich and smooth, while being powerful enough so that you do not need to maximize the treble on your amp. Mids- The Kevlar cone has self-dampening properties and the tapered shape of the speakers help to reduce resonance to an inaudible volume. the overlap in the crossover region between the two drive-units leads to a peak developing in the low treble more than 10° above the tweeter axis, and a corresponding notch more than 10° below that axis. IMHO, I consider the F1 Custom to be better, overall, than the others, eventhough the comparison were not “apple to apple” as different electronics were used in each auditioned. So in celebration of British Hi-Fi Week, we've looked through the archives and put together a list of the company's star performers.There are limitations, especially in its reluctance to generate any real dynamic tension and a slightly muted dynamic expression. Moving on to a jazzy piece, Diana Krall’s Temptation took a turn for the bad as the track sounded a tad dull and slow but we must not forget that the 75s hardly had 10 hours worth of playback time prior to this so I wasn’t expecting anything magical. The Corner Cabinet’s enclosure was made in solid mahogany, though a solid oak option was also offered. Both drivers mainly have relatively flat outputs within their respective passbands, with peaks balanced by dips. The three-way drive unit array was made up of 3in, 10in and 12in units, with the two larger drivers being connected in parallel, and the tweeter crossover consisted of a single capacitor.

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 review | TechRadar

They don't draw incredible amounts of power- I have them bi-wired (an absolute must) to a modest Onkyo TX-8200 series. I shall not delve into that further because we’re not here to discuss the Countours and Audiences now are we? Some were not satisfied with what they took back home and others had to sell their brand new Sonus Fabers after they lost their hearing capabilities from being over-exposed to the Spouse’s 180dB “Some Cash Ridiculously Expensed Alerting Module” – S. As a whole, Wharfedale’s definitely upped the ante with the Diamond 75 and easily collect 5-stars for looks and build quality.the expected notch in its response actually occurs a little lower in frequency, at 45Hz, with the twin ports covering a wide bandpass from 30Hz to 120Hz. Playing Monty Alexander’s Sweet Georgia Brown, the piano pieces had significant impact and you could feel the vibes falling into place. Neutral tonal balance: not warm but also not cool, sounds like the frequency response from top to bottom is quite linear (maybe anybody has measurement data to correct or confirm my hearing on this? Driver integration is near-perfect, the 13cm Kevlar mid/bass unit and 25mm textile tweeter working in unison to produce a wonderful, balanced sound. Add a carefully calibrated crossover and excellent build quality and you have a class-leading tower.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop