My Gently Raised Beast, Vol. 1

My Gently Raised Beast, Vol. 1

RRP: £15.99
Price: £7.995
£7.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Food - We cannot ship any food products which are easily spoiled or require storage at a low temperature e.g. meat, dairy. Then, Blondina meets Amon—a talking cat who can transform into a bedazzling young boy. Amon is a Divine Leopard, part of a race of fierce monsters that have long despised the royal family and humanity in general. Blessed with enhanced strength and power, even child leopards like Amon pose a significant threat—but Amon takes a shine to Blondina, and begins living with her. Despite his aloof personality, this little kitty brightens up Blondina’s world and gives her a much-needed ally.

Soon Blondina is dragged into the politics of the royals, attempting to navigate her new role, while oblivious to the growing affections of the other young boys in her life. While the first volume of My Gently Raised Beast follows the young Blondina, the second volume will see her at age 20—so if you’re not keen on having a child main character, you won’t have to wait too long!My Gently Raised Beast, Volume 1 is another brilliantly-made manhwa adaptation from Ize Press, with some great comedic beats and a lovely, if somewhat generic, heroine. While the first volume isn’t a stunner in its own right, we think the series shows definite promise; if you already read widely in this genre, then My Gently Raised Beast will certainly find a good home on your shelves. So I completed the series, overall it wasn't too bad a read for me. It wasn't deep, engaging or amazing in anyway. But it was fun to watch all of the light hearted cuddling. The story suffers from poor build up and execution but over all I think I could recommend this to someone. The story goes at a turtle's pace. Definitely steady...but maybe a little too steady because I'm ready to fall asleep reading it. The plot is also rather lame. [As @ctrlist said, it's a repetitive cycle of Blondina being unreasonably forgiving to her villainous step-sister, which is why...] It's not creative, enticing, or even slightly interesting. That's probably the main issue with this manhwa. If you don't have a well-constructed plot, your characters will not be able to developproperly because the story puts constraints on them. Looking at their spotless skin and imposing posture, she knew they weren’t just ordinary people. Their beauty was incomparable to an average man, and they were entering the room in an organized manner as if they were trained to do so. Blondina is living a real-life Cinderella story. After growing up poor and enduring a difficult childhood, she discovers that she is a princess of the Ates empire. However, her estranged father and half-siblings give her the cold shoulder when she moves into the palace, and Blondina must keep a low profile. That all changes when she befriends Amon, a cat-like creature with mysterious intentions. For years, creatures like Amon and humans have struggled to live in harmony. Can Blondina and Amon’s friendship bring peace, or will it deepen the rift between their people? Characters [ ] Blondina Ryun Ates [ ]

Blondina found herself at the top of the feudal lord’s castle. She slowly looked around the room while walking over the lavish carpet and carefully laid her body on the luxurious bed. She was still in disbelief at what was happening. Never in her life had she imagined herself sleeping in a room in a castle. Instead of answering, the man continued to examine the features of her face, intrigued by her attitude. Her blond hair and her beautiful, sparkling eyes. Her gray and crystal-clear eyes reflected her upright character. The man elegantly raised his hand and gestured to his servant, who handed him a candle. With the candle in one hand and the other holding Blondina’s chin, he examined her face closely as if he was observing an intriguing object.Tears started to well up in her eyes when she finally caught her breath, but she kept the tears from dropping. This is nothing. I’ve gone through worse. She softly touched the ring in the pouch as she clenched her trembling lips tight. She knew it was the only legacy left by her mother, and she had promised to protect it until the very end. Blondina took the ring out of the pouch with a blank face and handed the ring to the man. Even after these many years, the ring sparkled with light. “Well, I’ll look through only this once, but don’t expect much, all right?” the man said while carelessly skimming over the ring. This was it. She finally decided to put her survival before a ring left behind by her father, who had done nothing but abandon her and her mother.

Ughhh...the story started out fine. Really, it did. But things really started to get tremendously tedious halfway through because there's no character development whatsoever in the 2 main leads! The romance is odd. The relationship between the FL and ML is like between a brother and sister almost. Except, every once in a while, Amon goes a bit haywire and starts acting like a love interest. As she watched the man raise his hand once more, the girl clenched her teeth and closed her eyes tight. She felt the blow to her head when she closed her eyes. Soon enough, the blood from her nose stained her clothing bloodred. Set in a dynasty plagued by strange, magical creatures, this is a Cinderella story unlike any you’ve ever read before. Blondina is beautiful and kind, but she wasn’t born into privilege. When her estranged father discovers that she is his daughter, he offers to move her into the royal palace—with strings attached. Her only consolation is Amon, a supernatural creature who has proved himself a faithful and trustworthy companion. Together, Blondina and Amon begin to challenge the age-old divide between humans and beasts. With the peace treaty between humans and leopards hanging by a thread, will their blossoming relationship change things for the better—or for the worse?

Just by first glance, this ring is made of cheap…” The man was at a loss for words right before he finished his sentence and suddenly went silent. His eyes dilated as if he had seen something incredible. Blondina was so surprised by his reaction that her eyes followed his every movement.

My Gently Raised Beast doesn’t have the most auspicious of starts; if you’ve read any shoujo or josei fantasy drama in the last few years, the opening beats will be awfully familiar. You useless brat! I took you in with plain generosity, and this is how you repay me? The least you can do is be of some use!”With the ring in her hand, Blondina turned toward the window in her room and watched the sun slowly set into the horizon. The fields outside turned orange as the sky darkened. Caught by such incredible scenery, she slowly drifted away to daydreaming.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop