Vileda Cordomatic Retractable Washing Line with 15m Outdoor Clothes Line

Vileda Cordomatic Retractable Washing Line with 15m Outdoor Clothes Line

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We really like this washing line – it’s a great quality unit that gives the impression from the outset that it will be long-lasting. The casing is sturdy, high quality plastic that will withstand extremes of weather, and the Cordomatic’s retractable mechanism is good and strong. Here is a list of features to consider. The best retractable wishing lines incorporate several of the below qualities. Weatherproof construction With the wall plugs in screw in your screws provided. Leave them protruding about 5-6mm so that when you lift on your washing line you can tighten them up fully. Because of the excellent design of these units, you don’t have to fit them while carrying the weight of the unit itself. Here’s a look at the screws prepared and ready to take the unit: As a result, drying heavier washing such as towels and jeans can cause the washing line to hang low to the ground, and it’s therefore better suited to drying smaller loads of washing.

Unlike some other retractable washing lines, this option doesn’t sag too easily under the weight of light washing. However, if you’re hanging heavier items such as jeans, bath towels or beddings, you may wish to invest in a prop. You can attach the other end of the line to another surface with hooks. Q: How much can I save with a retractable washing line?The heavy-duty casing is highly corrosion resistant and both the casing and the lines are UV stabilised, meaning this washing line is built to last. Retractaline offer a 10 year structural warranty, although this excludes the lines which come with a 2 year replacement warranty. When choosing a retractable washing line for use in the house, a major factor for me is how well it can fit into the room that I set it up in and not grab too much attention when in its retracted state. Basically, I want it to be inconspicuous. A lot of retractable washing lines are compact these days, the Minky and Bedray products featured in this article are two good examples of that, but even they can’t compete with Tensor’s retractable 3-line clothesline in that department. Given the heavy-duty nature of the washing line, the tensioning handle is made of comparatively insubstantial plastic. Available from: Heavier items such as jeans, towels and bedding can get quite weighty when wet, so do take care not to overload your retractable clothesline.

Because I already have three retractable washing lines on test at my home I decided to buy one for my good friend Mark. His wife had been on his case for a retractable washing line for months – mainly because Summer was coming up, they had just made a fantastic job of their garden and wanted to enjoy it. Having a fixed washing line in place was a problem for space – it’s not a huge garden. However, when I recommended the Vileda his wife was adamant one 15m line wouldn’t cut it. Given I had already reviewed one retractable line that appears to be very similar and the Minky, here we are testing it in Mark’s garden: Like the Dryzem Dual Retractable Washing Line, this Minky retractable washing line has two 15 metre lines. The biggest disadvantage of retractable washing lines that use a spool is that they can sag under the weight of heavier items. In the ‘troubleshooting’ section below there are some tips on how to stop this from happening.

When you look at the design of this Minky clothesline you can just see that they have thought of everything. The casing (or housing) of the model is sturdy and compact. Making it extremely discreet when not in use as well as being an ideal option for people who are short on outdoor or even indoor space. If you are looking at an option for outdoor use then the casing is UV-resistant and tough.

The design is simple, with two separate lines that pull out up to 15 metres each, and latch over hooks. Can last longer than either a single or double line products. If any of the lines break, you still have three more to use. The problem can easily be solved by using a clothes prop or by wrapping the line twice round the anchor point. Another method that requires a little bit of DIY is to install 1-2 galvanised cleat hooks just below the retractable unit. Heavier items such as duvet covers can be hung over both lines. If it wasn’t for this, the Minky would have received full marks. Available from: Certain retractable washing lines can be placed above radiators, making it easy to dry washing without the help of a tumble drier in the winter.If we were to do anything different this time it would be install the unit much higher (almost out of arms reach) and then the same with the hook. What we noticed with both lines fully loaded. The washing sags to the point it really is a bit low. Granted the clothes are wet and heavy but here’s an example. We bought the relatively cheap heavy duty washing line prop and that worked out just fine and has been no problem at all for the last 5 months: A second question, by extension, is how much line do you need? This often depends entirely on you and your household. If there are a lot of you, or if you have more clothes than you know what to do with, then a 2 or even 3-line unit might be what you need. It may be the case that 2 shorter lines are more useful than 1 long line, to maximise usable space. Line material This Brabantia retractable washing line is easy to use and straightforward to install since it comes with easy to follow instructions. You will have it set up in no time at all. If you are careful with this line, it should last a long time. Don’t be tempted to overload it or you will ruin the line. Apart from that, it is a solid little retractable washing line, and we like it.

Install cleat hooks underneath the wall unit. Wrapping the washing line around these large, metal cleat hooks, after pulling out the amount that you need, will prevent more line from being pulled out unnecessarily. If your space is relatively straightforward and there is a reasonable distance of around 10-20m available then the answer to the question is easier. It is simply dependent on how much washing line space you need. The more washing, the more drying capacity you need. Always one of the most important factors is price, and the amount you are willing to pay for your retractable washing line will probably affect the overall quality of the product. For example, if you want a near indestructible washing line like the Brabantia Wallfix, you’re going to have to shell out a lot more than you would for the Beldray washing line. Lastly, the UV stable, adjustable housing unit can move freely from side to side affording better flexibility and can be pushed against the wall out of the way when not in use.ALTERNATIVE: Best wall mounted retractable washing line: Brabantia WallFix Retractable Washing Line with Fabric Cover– best of the best but it’s wall mounted retractable rather than a straight washing line.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop