HRH Prince Charles

HRH Prince Charles

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Published just prior to the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer this is a charming study of Queen Queen Elizabeth II's eldest son, King Charles III, as a young man.

Charles III co-authors children’s book on climate change King Charles III co-authors children’s book on climate change

And if there is one thing he’s learnt from presenting Radio 4’s The Life Scientific and TV documentaries, it’s ‘people want to be made to feel clever’. The cover of Prince Charles’ book was inspired by the flooding of the Sussex town of Uckfield in 2000, which led him to criticise humanity’s “arrogant disregard of the delicate balance of nature”.

It’s a while since I bought a Ladybird book – but I still have a lot of the original series dotted around the house. The SMI’s mission is to build a coordinated global effort that enables the private sector to accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.

A Ladybird Book: Climate Change - The Prince Of Wales, HRH

Currently Adam’s work is split between strategic climate communication projects (like the Local Storytelling Exchange), writing and contributing to reports, and developing the climate communication evidence base into music and cultural spaces. I start teaching my first-year evolution course at UCL in January and I am going to use this as the course textbook.

The efforts of Climate Outreach and Climate Outreach Europe are entirely focused on the public benefit and trustees don’t receive any remuneration. When the first edition of the Ladybird Expert book on Climate Change was published in 2017, CO2 levels in the atmosphere were 405 parts per million (ppm), now they are 420 ppm. Filbert Cobb seems hard and cynical, not without justification, so so be it, but if Prince Charles would make a clear statement on the whole hunting issue and in support of radical reform, followed up by management practice on the Royal estates, it may be a mega U turn or it may be him “coming out” with what he really thinks, but it would certainly get some attention on the issue. His Royal Highness, Emily and I had to work very hard to make sure that each word did its job, while at the same time working with the pictures to deliver the points we needed to make. The floods are possibly worse now because a road bridge and a Victorian mill constrict the natural flow through the town and a raised railway trackbed along the valley prevents outflow higher up.

Climate Change (A Ladybird Expert Book) (The Ladybird Expert Climate Change (A Ladybird Expert Book) (The Ladybird Expert

Images of climate change ‘happening’ to recognisable people and places is worth a hundred graphs or gifs. It is the first in a new series of Ladybird Expert Books on a range of subjects from the worlds of science, history and culture. We are incredibly proud to be publishing A Ladybird Book: Climate Change and hope that it informs, engages and empowers young people. Rowland White told the Sunday Times: "It was a coincidence where we were thinking about a new series for adults after the huge success of the spoof books, but this time wanted some factual books by experts on science, history and arts subjects.Hooray for Ladybird’s championing of expertise, but I wonder if it will chime with readers reprogrammed to see the books as satire. It won't convince the flat-earthers who don't believe there's anything going on, but would be ideal for the curious child who wants to know more.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop