Osprey Europe Men's Talon 11 Hiking Pack

Osprey Europe Men's Talon 11 Hiking Pack

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Talking about storage, there are some great features that allow the pack to carry larger technical gear safely without causing damage to the pack contents or yourself. Reach for the Osprey Talon 11 Backpack when the daily commute or an impromptu hill day on foot or bike beckons. A flexible BioStretch harness and hipbelt, with a continuous lumbar-to-hipbelt wrap, allow for dynamic movement. From top-loaders to lumbar packs and everything in between, the Talon/Tempest Series accommodates the needs of hikers, bikers and more. Constructed with high-quality bluesign-approved recycled high-tenacity nylon and a PFC-free DWR coating and a comfortable carrying harness the Osprey Talon 11 has one eye on the planet.

Osprey Talon 11 M/L Daypack | GO Outdoors Osprey Talon 11 M/L Daypack | GO Outdoors

It lacks some of those packs’ belts, whistles and pockets (actually it does have a whistle, built into the sternum strap buckle) but it has other features that are just as clever and useful.A normal day hike for me in our current cold temperatures means I will pack 2x 1 litre bottles, a spare jacket/fleece, buff, pocket stove/pan/gas, and a few other bits and pieces. We proudly stand behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer. If you need a small versatile streamlined pack for fast and light outdoor day tours, this Osprey Talon 11 Review is for you.

Osprey Talon 11 | LD Mountain Centre Osprey Talon 11 | LD Mountain Centre

Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday.Surprisingly, this tiny pack comes with load lifters, and you also have an adjustable sternum strap with an emergency whistle. The hip belt is there mainly to keep the pack in place and to provide space for the two pockets, rather than for carrying the weight. I wasn’t sure what to expect as I haven’t used a bag much smaller than a 20 L in the past, but I have quickly fallen in love with the Talon 11. For its low weight – achieved by liberal use of light, high-strength fabrics – the Talon 11 swallows a remarkable amount of stuff in its Tardis-like 11-litre main compartment.

Talon 11 - Men’s Hiking Backpack - Multi-Sport - Osprey Packs

We appreciated captive strap ends that made the inevitable mid-ride adjustments a much neater affair, and construction is top-notch, with the key stress points reinforced. Although the Talon 11 is one of their smallest day packs, it is highly versatile and has many technical features not normally seen on packs of this size. When you're getting even more formidable, then a hiking sack like so is what you'll probably have your eye on.For someone that got used to wearing the 250g Montbell Versalite 20, the extra 400 odd grams is noticeable. You won’t need the rear light clip for hiking tarmac, but it’s handy for urban riding and adventure racers will appreciate being able to tow their slower team-mates with the sewn-in tow loop. The deep mesh hip belt with its double-anchor, Egro-Pull fixture is secure and comfortable even if you really load it up, and the slimline shape is unobtrusive when riding. Or you can stuff your iPod and mobile phone in them for urban expeditions: this is too nice a bag to just use at the weekend. If you are not familiar, this is a bungee loop on the left shoulder strap paired with yet another thicker loop on the side of the pack, where you can attach your trekking poles on the go.

Osprey Talon 11 (1-084) - idealo Osprey Talon 11 (1-084) - idealo

The main compartment zips run down almost to the hip belt, meaning you can pack a lot into this compartment, with a separate internal pocket that comes with a key attachment clip meaning if you’re like me, you won’t have that panic at the car door anymore! Similar in construction to the AirScape™ back support, the gender-specific harness consists of mesh-covered, die-cut foam with sewn-in spacer mesh, allowing the pack to hug your individual body shape while once again allowing a high level of breathability combined with equal pressure across your hips. But we do use services by third parties that either use cookies or may be doing so, yet we do not have any control of it. There’s a choice of three positions for the chest strap and small stretch pockets on the clever lightly-padded shoulder straps that accommodate food or phone for swift access.

This versatile panel-loading daysack features a hydration reservoir sleeve, breathable, close-to-body AirScape backpanel and continuous-wrap harness and hipbelt that moves with you whether you are walking, running or riding. You will want to use it if you need to eat or drink something on the fly, to take photos, or to do some scramble on the route. As the leader in custom-fit backpacks, out pack-fitting technique ensures a properly fitting pack that maximise efficiency, comfort and safety both on and off the trail. Note that they have the corresponding Tempest series for women, so the Tempest 9 is described in my another review. The suspension is based on an incredibly lightweight system with the AirScape mesh covered accordion foam back panel.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop