Olympus Tough TG-6 Action Camera, 12 Megapixel, Digital Image Stabilisation, 4x Wide-Angle Zoom, 4K Video, 120 fps, Wi-Fi, Red

£224.5
FREE Shipping

Olympus Tough TG-6 Action Camera, 12 Megapixel, Digital Image Stabilisation, 4x Wide-Angle Zoom, 4K Video, 120 fps, Wi-Fi, Red

RRP: £449.00
Price: £224.5
£224.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Having a camera that can get wet means you can get into the splash zone. Don’t photograph puddle-jumping-kids from a distance; get close and get wet! Here’s the field of view with the TOUGH TG-6 at its maximum 25mm equivalent wide angle setting. It’s wider than the Fujifilm Finepix XP140’s 28-140mm f3.9-4.9 lens and a whole lot brighter too. The same goes for the Nikon COOLPIX W150 which is equivalent to 30-90mm on a 35mm camera. For using the flash or LED light in Microscope Control, press the [ OK] button to display the Live Control and select the flash setting with the arrow pad Up and Down button.

While the lens on the camera doesn't have as much telephoto power as many of its peers (many of which reach 140mm equivalent at their long end), it is the widest available, which is really helpful when underwater. The lens is also the fastest in this class, which will keep noise levels down as light levels drop. In fact, since the chip in the TG-6 is so small, the lower pixel count should help it perform in lower light situations. It’s also a key factor in allowing the lens to open up to f/2.0 at its widest angle. There have been several references to smartphones throughout this review, and to be clear, the TG-6 isn't meant to replace one. Rather, it's designed to withstand exactly what you don't want happening to your smartphone: being dropped, stepped on, or dunked in water. The waiting time, number of shots and focus steps can be set after selecting in the sub mode. In (Shooting menu 2), select Focus BKT.After that, I took it on a couple of climbing trips where it got banged around a bunch. Not a scratch. The most famous photographs were made with cameras that we would consider inferior by today’s standards. A beautiful photograph transcends the technology it was made with. We found the TG's white balance was accurate, even underwater, which is always challenging. The camera tends to overexpose, so you may find yourself needing to use exposure compensation fairly often. As mentioned earlier, you can't use exposure compensation in most modes (including Auto), so you'll need to P or A mode to adjust it. Everyday shooters and parents who want something that can be dropped or get wet, unlike their smartphone

Olympus offers a huge number of accessories, including an underwater housing that lets the camera go 15 meters (50 feet) deeper, wide-angle and fisheye conversion lenses, the ability to wirelessly fire Olympus's flashes (which need to be in housings too, of course) and much more. Being waterproof down to 15 metres makes the TG-6 ideal for capturing shots while holding the camera underwater.Optimized for underwater photography that uses natural light. (e.g. in swimming pools or shallow waters) Here’s the best part; in P mode, you have direct access to exposure compensation with the camera dial. Your camera will hardly ever get the exposure just as you want it. So use the exposure compensation feature to brighten or darken the photo before you take the picture. There are dedicated Macro and Underwater modes on the dial, and a large number of Scene modes too. You can capture images with a natural look, or with artistic filters applied. If you enable Raw capture, you can add filter effects after the fact, right in camera. The in-camera flash offers a significant increase in the amount of light. This increase in light allows for usage of lower ISO settings and faster shutter speeds, as well as an increased working distance. The FD-1 can also be utilized under water. The camera's closest focusing distance to the subject is 2cm. The TG-6 has become our dedicated “leave it laying around the house” camera. It’s so small that it doesn’t bother my wife. It’s there when we need it. And, it’s so tough we don’t mind the kids using it.

Pop Art (I, II), Soft Focus, Pale&Light Color (I, II), Light Tone, Grainy Film (I, II), Pin Hole (I, II, III), Diorama (I, II), Cross Process (I, II), Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone (I, II), Key Line (I, II), Watercolor (I, II), Vintage (I, II, III), Partial Color (I, II, III) There's a burst capture mode, supporting speeds up to 20fps for very short durations, about 9 shots. It will keep going, but drops to about 6fps. It's still useful for capturing short bursts of action, and you can set the burst rate to a lower speed if you'd like. Tip: Try to shoot in 'P' mode if you can, as the 'i-Enhance' color profile in Auto mode is over-the-top, to say the least. You’ll have to get used to keeping your ISO at 1600 or lower (you’ll need a steady hand for the slow shutter speed that results).The OM System/Olympus Tough TG-6 was launched in 2019 and it’s still available from OM Digital Solutions which acquired Olympus’s imaging division in 2021. It is widely regarded as one of the best underwater / adventure compacts on the market. The latest addition to the Olympus Tough line-up is the recently announced OM System TG-7, which at first glance works with very similar specs as the TG-6.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop