Baby Love: Jacqueline Wilson

Baby Love: Jacqueline Wilson

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As well as winning many awards for her books, including the Children’s Book of the Year, Jacqueline is a former Children’s Laureate, and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame. Baby Love was everything I hoped for and more. While Jaqueline tells quite a horrific story it is done with beauty and care. The connection you feel with all of the characters is almost immediate and you can't help but feel your own heart break throughout the book. As always Jaqueline has this innate ability to weave an uncomfortable topic into a story that can be understood and felt by all.

Jacqueline Wilson book review: Baby Love is her most mature Jacqueline Wilson book review: Baby Love is her most mature

Jeannie is harsh towards Laura at first but rapidly warms up to her when they get to know one another better. So how would I sun this up … honest , gut wrenching yet sweet at times , emotional and heartbreaking! Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Nina falls out with Laura over the smallest slight and isn't above playing emotional mindgames with her. But she's also an incredibly loyal friend and buys Laura things without expecting anything in return. She also keeps Laura's secret about being pregnant and later visits her and Heathcote House when no-one else ever has. Age-Gap Romance: While less of a romance and more of a brief sexual encounter, Laura is only fourteen when she has sex with the seventeen year old Leon. She also has a crush on Daniel, who is around the same age. This stands alone as a great fiction book and should not be categories only as a young adult book in my opinion .I have loved and adored Jacqueline Wilson for as long as I can remember. She is a huge idol of mine, like many people of my generation! I was a massive fan of Jacqueline Wilson growing up but feared rereading some of her old books. I thought that they wouldn't be the same now that I am in my late 20's and maybe my good memories of them should be left untouched. Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Leon and Daniel are described as being this way, Laura seems to have a type.

Baby Love by Jacqueline Wilson (9780241567128/Paperback

Be Careful What You Wish For: Laura doesn't know what she wants out of life, but she would like to be famous enough to be featured in newspapers. She is, but only because she became pregnant and gave birth at just fourteen years old. It is quite a hard-hitting story, more suited to an audience of 13 years and older. Although this is a work of historical fiction, it touches on issues of consent, women's rights, adoption and family relationships that are still very relevant today. Wilson's afterword and resources for readers affected by the story make it a valuable educational read for teenagers. This book is aimed at older readers than Jacqueline Wilson’s usual target audience so do beat that in mind.

Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Laura does try to abort her child by taking over the counter medication but it doesn't work, and part of her is grateful that it didn't. Laura's mother later brings up the idea of abortion to Dr Betram but he bluntly tells her that it would be illegal at the stage Laura's at. Things start to change for Laura - first her moods, and then her body. Laura isn't prepared for what she learns next - and doesn't even know how it could have happened. Before her parents learn Laura’s deadly secret, the family take a holiday. Her father is a coach driver, so their holiday takes place in a coach. Completely by chance they encounter Aunt Suzanna, the estranged younger sister of Laura’s mother. The estranged aunt will play a significant role later in the story.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop