Last Days of Judas Iscariot: A Play

Last Days of Judas Iscariot: A Play

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Kent, William Henry (1910). "Judas Iscariot". In Herbermann, Charles (ed.). Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol.8. New York: Robert Appleton Company. Ware, who once performed in a production of “Between Riverside and Crazy” in a former convent in Italy, describes Guirgis’ use of language as quite distinctive. “In this play, he mixes the reverent and the irreverent in a beautiful way,” she said. “A lot of profanity is used to punctuate a point. I loved my son every day of his life, and I will love him ferociously long after I've stopped breathing. I am a simple woman. I am not bright or learn-ed. I do not read. I do not write. My opinions are not solicited. My voice is not important ... On the day of my son's birth I was infused with a love beyond all measure and understanding ... The world tells me that God is in Heaven and that my son is in Hell. I tell the world the one true thing I know: If my son is in Hell, then there is no Heaven--because if my son sits in Hell, there is no God.” The Magazine of poetry, Volume 2, Issues 1–4 (1890) Charles Wells Moulton, Buffalo, New York "The Magazine of Poetry". 1890. Archived from the original on 13 March 2017 . Retrieved 19 July 2016.

The Last Days of Judas Iscariot ran during May and into June of 2023 at the University of California: Santa Barbara. The production was directed by Kendra Ware and the cast consisted of Abbs Stoiber (Jesus / Loretta), Abraham Figueroa (Caiaphas / Uncle Pino), Ahlora Smith (Cunningham), Desiree Medina (Saint Monica), Frances Manthorpe (Gloria / Soldier 2), HindCunningham’s argument is that forgiveness is solely in God’s hands; it is up to Him to dole out forgiveness, mercy, and justice. If God’s justice is perfect, t This is not to say that the play was without its more serious moments, and the contrast between these and the comedy of the play was brought out very well. Rishi Sharma’s tormented Judas was incredibly believable, his physicality and manner of speaking both flawless as he interacted with Jesus. Sharma was able to transform the character of Judas spectacularly throughout different points in the performance from a loveable child to a drunken mess to a repenting and regretful figure, and it was wonderful to see the realism with which he conveyed the characteristics of each.

Many different accounts of Judas's death have survived from antiquity, both within and outside the New Testament. [36] [37] Matthew 27:1–10 states that after learning that Jesus was to be crucified, Judas was overcome by remorse and attempted to return the 30 pieces of silver to the priests, but they would not accept them because they were blood money, so he threw them on the ground and left. Afterwards, he committed suicide by hanging himself [38] according to Mosaic law ( Deuteronomy 21:22–23 [39]). The priests then used the money to buy a potter's field, which became known as Akeldama (חקל דמא – khakel dama) – the Field of Blood – because it had been bought with blood money. [38] Acts 1:18 states that Judas used the money to buy a field, [38] [40] and "[fell] headlong... burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out." [38] In this account, Judas's death is apparently by accident, [38] and he shows no signs of remorse. [38] Rehearsing over Gustavus’s January Term, the cast of 15 students were able to dive deeper into the script with daily rehearsals. “We spent a good amount of time in the rehearsal process just talking about the complex ideas in the script, including ideas on forgiveness, ideas on religion, ideas on society, ideas on our judicial system and concepts of justice,” said Briggs.In paintings depicting the Last Supper, Judas is occasionally depicted with a dark-colored halo (contrasting with the lighter halos of the other apostles) to signify his former status as an apostle. More commonly, however, he is the only one at the table without one. Some church stained-glass windows show him with a dark halo such as in one of the windows of the Church of St John the Baptist, Yeovil. I remember the morning my son was born as if it was yesterday. The moment the midwife placed him in my arms, I was infused with a love beyond all measure and understanding. I remember holding my son, and looking over at my own mother and saying, "Now I understand why the sun comes up at day and the stars come out at night. I understand why rain falls gently. Now I understand you, Mother" ... Orchard, O.S.B., Dom Bernard, ed. (1953). A Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture. Thomas Nelson & Sons. p.901. The gospels suggest that Jesus foresaw ( John 6:64, Matthew 26:25) and allowed Judas's betrayal ( John 13:27–28). [73] One explanation is that Jesus allowed the betrayal because it would allow God's plan to be fulfilled. Another is that regardless of the betrayal, Jesus was ultimately destined for crucifixion. [74] In April 2006, a Coptic papyrus manuscript titled the Gospel of Judas from 200 AD was translated, suggesting that Jesus told Judas to betray him, [75] although some scholars question the translation. [76] [77] Nevertheless, the Gospel of Judas is an apocryphal Gnostic gospel composed in the 2nd century, and some scholars agree that it contains no real historical information. [78]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop