Cats of the Louvre

Cats of the Louvre

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you enjoy Taiyo Matsumoto like I do, you should love Louvre no Neko. The drawing style hasn't changed too much from Sunny but the supernatural characteristic of the story lets Matsumoto be more varied with his techniques and styles. The characters are beautiful and express a million different shades of emotion through a look, a posture, their body language in general. The dialogues may seem innocuous taken out of context, but all the keys to the story and the emotional states of the characters are found in the art and the panelling. Which flows incredibly well. all panels have a purpose, no space is And how does it read?” you may ask. (Go on. Ask it.) Quite well, quite well. Matsumoto has an interesting style, more expressionistic than your typical manga artist. In particular, look at his cat people, physical characteristics ridiculously exaggerated. And yet it works. He somehow embodies their essence, and … just … it works. Still, it was a fun read, although I don't know if I'll ever read this twice. I'll definitely be flipping through some of the artwork though! Manga those limitations don't exist. So if you want the best selection and you also want to save money then

Cats of the Louvre - Wikipedia

I give this book a four with the very important (to me, at any rate) caveat that if you are the sort of person who can't stand it when an animal is hurt in fiction, this will be a little hard to read. That certainly was the case for me in a few places, and given that the story is about a feral cat colony living in the attics of the Louvre in Paris and that it's by Taiyo Matsumoto, who rarely skimps on the harsher realities of a situation, it is within its rights to be there. But I could absolutely see it ruining the book for some readers. A surreal tale of the secret world of the cats of the Louvre, told by Eisner Award winner Taiyo Matsumoto.Although Taiyo Matsumoto desired a career as a professional soccerplayer at first, he eventually chose an artistic profession. He gained his first success through the Comic Open contest, held by the magazine Comic Morning, which allowed him to make his professional debut. He started out with 'Straight', a comic about basketball players. Sports remain his main influence in his next comic, 'Zéro', a story about a boxer. lost. That's the hallmark of a masterfull mangaka, something Matsumoto certainly is. What's more Matsumoto was given an incredible gift (that you could see glimpses of in Takemitsu Zamurai and Sunny) for drawing cats. Seeing all these cats running around, grooming, sharpening their claws, stretching, hissing, it's pure joy.

Cats of the Louvre - The Comics Journal Cats of the Louvre - The Comics Journal

catbeats is lo-fi comfy chill beats for your Nintendo dreams. Created almost entirely on an OP-1 device then layered with a Cats living in the Lourve - when I first saw the synopsis I was like, 'How cute!', and I must say I have never felt so betrayed. I mean, I thought it will be magical and adorable, and what I was given was a sad story about a missing girl, a depressed cat and a bittersweet tale? Like, WHAT? The story is, as the name suggests, mostly about the cats living in hiding in some part of the Lourve castle - they are being fed by an old night guard, but they can't be seen running around during the day, you know, because well they will be caught and removed from the premises. So the community of cats that lives there makes sure that the kitten, Snow Bebe doesn't get out and be seen, which of course, doesn't always work. He is seen by one of the museum guides, who along with the night guard, starts to uncover the mystery of his missing sister (who disappeared decades ago into a painting) and is helped indirectly by Snow Bebe. The artwork is a bit rough in its linework and character design, and the anthropomorphic cats switch between cat form and well, the Cats musical form. As I mentioned, it has more sad moments (is it the French setting?) than cute moments and at the end, I don't really know where the story actually had intended to go, or if it was just supposed to be about their life. Cats of the Louvre". Viz Media. Archived from the original on July 30, 2020 . Retrieved July 25, 2020. Oct 25 Yearning Teens, Frustrated Romance, Pretty Skies — Is There Anything Else to Makoto Shinkai? Hodgkins, Crystalyn (July 24, 2020). "Cats of the Louvre, Witch Hat Atelier, Way of the Househusband Win Eisner Awards". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on July 25, 2020 . Retrieved July 25, 2020.

Cats of the Louvre is a seriously weird manga, and a seriously compelling one. This is not the sort of mainstream appeal work that will appeal to everyone, not even everyone who wants to read about cats in the Louvre. If you can get on its unusual arty and tragic wavelength, however, there's a serious chance that this could be one of the most rewarding new manga releases that you'll read all year. The world-renowned Louvre museum in Paris contains more than just the most famous works of art in history. At night, within its darkened galleries, an unseen and surreal world comes alive—a world witnessed only by the small family of cats that lives in the attic. Until now… Oct 20 Final Fantasy XVI Producer Naoki Yoshida on the Game's Anime Influences and Design Philosophy an aura of a natural purity surrounds this album. somewhere between the desert of hope and river of focus, you'll find a thing with feathers. ollie go to album

VIZ | The Official Website for Cats of the Louvre

It's an interesting piece, as much a work of art criticism and engagement as it is a story. Matsumoto's art style manages to add to the air of magic realism about the piece, and this would be a really interesting work to incorporate into an art appreciate or art history class, or to read while you're taking one. Viz's hardcover release is gorgeous, but it is also really heavy, making it a little hard to read unless you put it down on a table. It's worth it, though, even if your wrists may feel like they're suffering for someone's art. Unsurprisingly, the story is set in the Louvre Museum in Paris. We have two main groups of characters: several tour guides who work in the museum, and a colony of cats who live in the attic. Certain rare individuals--both human and feline--possess the ability to enter certain paintings, and it all figures into a story that's more about emotional action than physical. It's a quiet, magical delight. Another one of the Louvre-sponsored graphic novels about the Louvre, one of the most ambitious of all of them, a tw0-volume manga by Taiyo Matsumoto (Sunny) filled with mystery and fantasy and pathos and strangeness and an appreciation for the attractions of art for anyone. As with some others from the series, this one depends on what happens at the Louvre after hours, during the night, behind the scenes; with that Toy Story assumption--when a toy falls in the playroom and there is no adult around to hear it, that means magic happens. In the attic of the Louvre there are variety of cats, some of them talking, some with human features, and one of them, little white Snowbébé, is drawn to the artwork, so he increasingly ventures downstairs. He has a kind of close affinity to the art, having a kind of sixth sense where he hears some of the artwork luring viewers into them. Another key character is Marcel, the older night watchman who also cares for the cats, who believes that when he was a little boy fifty years ago his sister wandered off in the Louvre and actually entered into one of her favorite paintings (which is the kind of thing that happens in more than one of the Louvre series books). He enlists docent Cecile and Snowbébé to find the painting and his long-lost sister. REVIEW: Cats of the Louvre Is a Beautifully Weird Journey Through Art Writer Taiyo Matsumoto Artist Taiyo Matsumoto Publisher Viz Price 29.99 Release Date 2019-09-17Martin, Theron (September 26, 2019). "Cats of the Louvre [Hardcover] GN - Review". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on March 5, 2020 . Retrieved July 25, 2020.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop