Who Framed Colin Wallace?

Who Framed Colin Wallace?

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

According to Chris Moore's (another BBC journalist) investigations of McGrath, MI5 was the organisation that recruited and funded his political activities. While Triple Point includes entities which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, our SME lending activities are not regulated activities in their own right. Wallace always claimed that this action was consistent with his secret job duties as a member of the Intelligence Services and that the real reasons for his dismissal were related to his refusal to continue working on the Clockwork Orange project in October 1974, and his exposure of a child abuse scandal at the Kincora Boys' Home. People named in Colin Wallace's notes as having been targeted in this manner included Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, Merlyn Rees, Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe, Tony Benn and Ian Paisley. However, official records later showed that he had been instructed by his superiors to draw the attention of the press to McGrath's activities.

Former members of the Special Forces admit that Wallace worked with them as far afield as Berlin and the Oman during the Cold War, but the Intelligence Services still try to distance themselves from what Wallace was doing. Wallace's post, it was proposed that its duties should include responsibilities for providing unattributable covert briefings to the press ; and it was stated that the incumbent would be required to make on-the-spot decisions on matters of national security during such interviews. I do not suggest for a moment that any Sussex Police officer involved in this enquiry was corrupt, because I do not believe they were, but I feel there was a hidden agenda, and that the senior officers knew a lot more about the matter than they would ever care to reveal.The argument that we are seeking to put to the Secretary of State and to get him to accept is that, if there is evidence that Mr. Colin Wallace, who quit his job after trying to highlight the Kincora scandal, and refusing to take part in a smear campaign against leading politicians, has begun legal action against his former employer. I am confident that we could rely on him to approach these very sensitive issues with complete discretion. Despite the findings of the Calcutt Inquiry, the Ministry of Defence refused to allow the Defence Select Committee to have access to Wallace's secret job description.

A few weeks later he was removed from his job on the grounds that his life "was in danger", and posted to an Army HQ in England. They even went so far as to attack a group of British politicians by linking them to a campaign for justice for the victims of Bloody Sunday.Scandal at Dolphin Square’ provides a riveting account of the lives of a rolling maul of fascinating and complex characters.

John Colin Wallace is a former British soldier and psychological warfare operative who was one of the members of the 'Clockwork Orange' project, which is alleged to have been an attempt to smear a number of British politicians in the early 1970s. Throughout the rest of school and university I would save up as much money as I could in the year and then spend it all on an expedition over the summer. In 1981 three senior care staff at the home were jailed for abusing 11 boys but allegations of a wider ring with links in the political establishment have persisted.There is good evidence the Dublin bombings in May last year were a reprisal for the Irish government's role in bringing about the [power sharing] Executive. The Court of Appeal heard that scientific evidence used to convict Wallace was false and that the Home Office pathologist involved in the case admitted that he had received it from an anonymous American security source. In 1987, a former senior Ministry of Defence official, Clive Ponting, was quoted on Channel 4 News about high-level meetings he had taken part in with MI5 officers regarding Wallace's case.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop