Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings: Recipes + Gatherings: A Cookbook

Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings: Recipes + Gatherings: A Cookbook

RRP: £28.00
Price: £14
£14 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Sunday Suppers is that recipe book. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous cover - elegant, simple, and eye-catching. You can tell just by looking at Sunday Suppers that it is made from high quality materials and a lot of love and thought was put into making it. The photos inside are amazing and the food is very well photographed. I even mentioned to John that I need to take notes from the photography (angles and lighting) in this book for when I photograph food! The feel I get while looking through this book is one of community and closeness. I love sitting down for family dinners. The recipes in Sunday Suppers both look and sound delicious, not to mention I can actually see myself making them. Karen breaks the recipes down into four main categories -- morning, noon, afternoon, and evening. You have meals for any time of the day, and realistically any day of the week!

This book is a good example of menu guide cookbooks where you are offered menus that are groups of recipes that should work well together. The target audience is people who have big family get togethers on a weekly basis (or less) or at least a sit-down meal rarely (once a week) so they want to do something special for that event. I don't know about most of you, but I cook dinner nearly every day of the week so the thought of following some of these "menus" was tiring to even think about though with 3 dishes on average (main course, side, dessert) it isn't outside the realm of feasible some weeks. Rediscover the art of cooking and eating communally with a beautiful, simple collection of meals for friends and family.

Become a Member

Whether you are cooking for a big group or your immediate family, this cookbook has what you are looking for. Don't skip over the Introduction of the book, it has some great information on planning your meals, substitutions in recipes, and my favorite part "How To Time A Menu" with an example of timing from starting meal prep to serving your tasty supper. Foodies would love this cookbook. Even those of us that don't live in or near a city can grab a few recipes from the book. The cookbook is lovely and I would recommend it to anyone. Karen is a trained photographer and food lover, starting Sunday Suppers began as an opportunity to bring together two passion lines in her life. Karen's work has been featured in the NY Times, Food + Wine Magazine, Remodelista, Martha Stewart Living, Glamour Magazine and many more. Additionally, Karen has been a culinary/photo judge at Leite Culinaria's Food Photography Contest, a culinary ambassador for Fisher & Paykel and the DCS line of appliances, and an official partner with West Elm and Williams Sonoma. Karen resides with her husband and daughter in Brooklyn, New York. Sunday Suppers is a beautiful meditation on the satisfaction of gathering—good food, friends and family, community—and sharing in the powerful experience of cooking and eating together.”

Your mouth will water as you look at the recipes throughout this fabulous cookbook. They will make you want to get in the kitchen on a long Sunday afternoon and make a delicious meal for your loved ones. Sunday Suppers is a beautiful meditation on the satisfactionof gathering - good food, friends and family, community - and sharing in the powerful experience of cooking and eating together.” |MELISSA HAMILTON AND CHRISTOPHER HIRSHEIMER, AUTHORS OF CANAL HOUSE COOKINGKaren Mordechai, founder and photographer started Sunday Suppers in her home eight years ago as an opportunity to bring together good friends + food. Bio Photography | Erica Gannett PRESS NEW YORK TIMES FOOD & WINE MARTHA STEWART LIVING DESIGN WITHIN REACH WILLIAMS SONOMA CUP OF JO DESIGN SPONGE TIME OUT NY DECOR8 EVERY DAY FOOD Edit: Did you know you can marinate cheese? That you could serve mixed root vegetable chips at a child's birthday party? Finally, I now know I can make my pastries even more decadent by brushing my baking molds with beeswax. Mmmhmmm....

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop