The Wild Card: The captivating, uplifting and addictive summer read you don’t want to miss in 2023!

£7.495
FREE Shipping

The Wild Card: The captivating, uplifting and addictive summer read you don’t want to miss in 2023!

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mursell commented: "I am so thrilled to be publishing Judy Murray’s brilliant debut at Orion Fiction. Full of twists, turns, (and tennis), The Wild Card is a brilliantly feel-good tale of second chances and chasing forgotten dreams. Perfect, escapist holiday reading this is going to be one of the hits of the summer next year — best read with a punnet of strawberries and cream!"

My one quibble with the book is the twist at the end seemed a bit...far fetched. I struggled to fully wrap my mind around it and all of the messiness of it. But then once I did, I was all in, even if I didn't fully buy it. Which is strange but true. But is the web of lies and deceit too much for this young couple to get past and will family loyalty change everything? Hideo’s court proceedings take place at the Supreme Court of Japan, which has absolutely no basis in the Japanese judicial system whatsoever but is just dandy for the drama.Wild Cards is a series of science fiction superhero shared universe anthologies, mosaic novels, and solo novels. They are written by a collection of more than forty authors (referred to as the "Wild Cards Trust") and are edited by George R. R. Martin and Melinda M. Snodgrass. Set largely during an alternate history of post- World War II United States, the series follows humans who contracted the Wild Card virus, an alien virus that rewrites DNA and mutates survivors. Those who acquire crippling and/or repulsive physical conditions are known as Jokers, while those who acquire superhuman abilities are known as Aces, and those few who acquire minor, insignificant powers not worthy of being called aces are known as Deuces. Martin, George R. R.; Snodgrass, Melinda M. (2002). Wild Cards XVI – Deuces Down (Vol 5). ISBN 0743445058. But I’m thinking that, even though there’s no one in my family willing to wait around for me, even though you’re the only one in here, I couldn’t care less, because you might as well be the entire damn world.”

It is really, really difficult to write about a world in which most people spend a lot of time within an immersive virtual interface. It is very hard to keep up those lines and make clear exactly where your character is at any given moment. If you don’t do this, your characters, language, worldbuilding, and reader experience will suffer. I don’t think anyone will be surprised at this point to hear that Marie Lu doesn’t even try to keep up this distinction. If the worldbuilding was sh*t in the first one, at least there were traces of attempts. This is just a puddle of confusion and I hated every second of it. George R. R. Martin's Wild Cards: The Hard Call #6 (of 6)". ComiXology. Archived from the original on August 16, 2016 . Retrieved July 10, 2016. The “Wilds Cards” books were first released beginning in 1987, with over 40 authors having contributed to the series in that time. To date, over two dozen books in the series have been published. The most recent entry in the series, “Knaves Over Queens,” was released earlier in 2019. The original idea behind the books came from Martin’s experience as a gamemaster in the roleplaying game “Superworld.”

Recent Comments

Inside Straight, Busted Flush, Suicide Kings, Fort Freak, Lowball, High Stakes, Low Chicago, Knaves Over Queens, American Hero, Joker Moon, Three Kings, Full House Marvel teams up with Game of Thrones writer George RR Martin for comic book series". Sky News . Retrieved 2022-02-19. What I liked about it most was that it wasn't exactly your typical sports romance. There was a bit of suspense and mystery, a dash of angst, and a romance so good that I was immediately hooked. Dangerous Women Arrives on Tor.com: Featuring a New Song of Ice and Fire Story". Tor Books. July 24, 2013 . Retrieved July 11, 2016. I hadn't ever been in love, not that I knew of, but the punch to my chest when I saw her wasn't something I'd ever forget."

He can’t loose sight of his plan but then the curve ball called Mallory catches him completely off base and suddenly has him re-evaluating everything..... I liked how the emphasis was on the more practical side of card reading over a way of predicting the future, involving the person you're reading for throughout and not just going off on your own mystical journey.

Latest Posts

I read a card or two before going to sleep as these are nice and short sections, this really worked for me and I gradually read the whole book start to finish and it did really helped get the memory working again about card reading and how I used to read for people.

A deuce is essentially an ace, but the superhuman power in question is perhaps not the most potent or impressive. The ability to bring water to a boil telekinetically, for example. When Emi goes to visit Hideo in prison (!!!), she thinks, “It’s as if they’re guarding someone who is the most dangerous criminal in the world.” One, that sentence couldn’t possibly sound more awkward, and two, IT’S BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING THAT!!! That would be why it seems that way!!! A tarot reading guide for people who aren't wholly sure that they are witchy enough to be into tarot. It's just the right balance of cosmic mystery and straight talking sense. The virus affects each individual differently, and it becomes known as the Wild Card virus because of these "random and unpredictable" symptoms. It kills 90% of those who contract it and mutates the remaining percentage. 9% survive but become Jokers, who develop minor or crippling physical conditions. The remaining 1% become Aces, who remain human or mostly human in appearance but develop superhuman abilities; Aces whose abilities are too trivial or specific to be generally valuable are called Deuces. The following chapter is Majors. It's interesting to read them in this direction, as most LWBs start with Majors and move into Minors, but the authors are right that it's easier to grasp the smaller moments represented by the Minors than it is the Majors. The layout is the same for the Majors and they get about the same amount of space.

New in Series

Aces, deuces, jokers and latents are all “wild cards.” Yes, it’s the name of the virus, but it’s also a term to denote anyone infected. Priest, Cherie (May 15, 2013). "The Button Man and the Murder Tree". Tor Books . Retrieved July 10, 2016. That moment hurt, I swear! Was it stereotypical? Yes, it was! But nothing hits the feels as much as an admission like that. I felt sorry for those two and it made me sad that they loved each other but couldn’t be together because of the different paths they chose. Still, I really liked how Marie Lu resolved the entire Neuro Link thing and I’m glad that Hideo didn’t get off that easily. I mean he killed Taylor and he abused his power so it was good that there were some consequences for him. Plus I could live with the fact that Emika became the CEO of Henka Games and recruited him for her team. This way they actually got a chance to work things out and to have a relationship which was a nice change and very realistic. As we all know usually Marie Lu’s love stories don’t end that well. *lol*

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop