Gwendy's Final Task (Gwendy's Button Box Trilogy)

£8.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I must admit I am glad I did. It was much better than the second book and a fitting end to the story. I will say, here and now, that if Chizmar's name ever gets associated with King's on another retirement fund writing project, I will happily and joyfully pass, knowing I saved my eyes a bunch of rolling, and saved my money by passing on yet another polished turd. Possibly the worst thing I've ever read with Stephen King's name attached to it. I cannot conceive of how he could be proud or happy to see his name on the cover of this steaming pile of shit. When authors are able to work well together, the fruits of their labour are usually beneficial for the reader. Such is the case here, with Stephen King and Richard Chizmar. Both have established themselves before and bring this renewed connection to craft a strong story for all to enjoy. A great narrative pushes things forward, never sure where things will go, and the characters are usually quite unique. King and Chizmar keep the reader guessing with twists in the narrative, such that there is little time to rest and ponder, as something is always happening. Short chapters serve as teasers, while longer ones develop the storyline effectively. While there was a great deal of jumping around to provide context for Gwendy Peterson’s life, it is done properly and proves easy for the reader to follow throughout. It is sad to see the series end, but I wonder if this is the last we have seen of the King-Chizmar team!

My dad was always the Stephen King fan and I have only read a handful of his books (It, The Stand, 11.22.63, Under The Dome, Carrie) but Gwendy grabbed me from the get go and hasn’t let go. Finally, the story's resolution draws on an eminently predictable Chekhov’s Gun situation, one which in the grand scheme is silly.

Five Thanksgiving Horror Movies to Stream This Week

From what little I have read of King, I do still feel like Richard Chizmar has done an excellent job recreating what started off as an unfinished King book and became a trilogy. He has very much immersed himself in the King universe - although I did bring up to my dad that it was convenient that Stephen’s old pen name was Richard Bachman, and now it’s Richard Chizmar … But I’m maybe seeing coincidences where there aren’t any! I appreciate the realistic portrayal of dementia as viewed from the mind of one of its victims, and the tie-in to King’s epic masterpiece is also a lot of fun. Ending made me sad as expected but I always cry when something is too good eventually runs out of its own time. I’m saying goodbye to this brilliant trilogy with misty eyes and highly recommend to you read each book, enjoy the talents of the authors! Bound in a deluxe material (to match our other Gwendy’s special limited editions) with coloured head and tail bands

She finds herself in a space trip to Mars during the pandemic with hidden agenda: instead of protecting the box, she has to dispose it! She’s the one who has important mission to be achieved for the sake of universe!But wait! There's the entire ending. King and Chizmar take it into an entirely new level of ridiculousness, expecting the reader to suspend so much disbelief it could fill the Grand Canyon, just so they can force the ending that had to happen, but never could in any sort of sane, realistic scenario.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop