A Witch's Guide to Fake Dating a Demon: ‘Whimsically sexy, charmingly romantic, and magically hilarious.’ Ali Hazelwood

£9.9
FREE Shipping

A Witch's Guide to Fake Dating a Demon: ‘Whimsically sexy, charmingly romantic, and magically hilarious.’ Ali Hazelwood

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I felt so much sympathy for Mariel (h) that her family was powerful and therefore so much was expected from her, but she struggled hard with her magic. I completely understand that he was literally trying to steal her soul at the beginning but that dropped off super quickly and I’m probably just biased. I think this book would be perfect for contemporary rom-com readers who are interested in breaking into paranormal romance but don't know where to start. Sarah Hawley is the author of A Witch’s Guide to Fake-Dating a Demon and A Demon’s Guide to Wooing a Witch. A Witch’s Guide to Fake Dating a Demon by Sarah Hawley is a delightful, paranormal romance that is light and fun.

The story was good and I was enjoying it until this happened mid way and it ripped me from the book, the story and all I felt was anger at the main female lead, I felt it was rather mentally abusive what she was doing and not an equal relationship at all anymore because his opinions didn't count or matter or even get heard. this romantic comedy is witty and fun, with plenty of humor balanced with the sexual tension between the protagonists.Mariel is kind, relatable, and funny, has loyal friends, is good at nature magic, and dreads being around her mother. I must admit, Mariel is so much stronger than I am because this book was way more slow burn than I would’ve been able to manage. I found this book to have the right combination of romance, humor, and magic featuring characters that I won’t soon forget.

And of course these two add another layer by announcing they're dating when confronted with a surprise appearance by Mariel's truly horrendous mom. This did make some of the book a little hard for me because his journey of learning how to feel and Mariel’s journey of gaining confidence overlapped in some kinda harsh ways. She was always insulting and demeaning Oz, even though I didn't see anything that he did that would warrant this kind of behavior from her. Mariel Spark is prophesied to be the most powerful witch seen in centuries of the famed Spark family, but to the displeasure of her mother, she prefers baking to brewing potions and gardening to casting hexes.Too insta love, too convoluted for no reason, too YA (He's 200, she's 28), too predictable without the benefit of a fun journey to get there. Special thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for sharing this amazing digital reviewer copy with me in exchange my honest opinions. When a spell to summon flour goes very wrong, Mariel finds herself staring down a demon – one she inadvertently summoned for a soul bargain. Instead it was pleasantly intriguing without being either falsly modest or full of pantomime like OTTP charachters. Sarah has an MA in archaeology and has excavated at an Inca site in Chile, a Bronze Age palace in Turkey, and a medieval abbey in England.

Ozroth can't leave Mariel's side until they complete a bargain, which she refuses to do (turns out some humans are attached to their souls). There were many times when I was listening to this book that I verbally said out loud "wow this is bad" or made ick faces at some of the dialogue and sex scenes.

Mariel was such a dorky and goofy type of character, we meet her and she has such a refreshing energy.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop