Livid: The new Kay Scarpetta thriller from the No.1 bestseller

Livid: The new Kay Scarpetta thriller from the No.1 bestseller

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Chief medical examiner Kay Scarpetta is the reluctant star witness in a sensational murder trial when she receives shocking news. assignment help has been a lifesaver for students struggling with completing their assignments on time. It took me a while to get back in the swing of the series and I don’t think my enjoyment was spoilt in anyway from reading it as a standalone novel. Kay Scarpetta finds herself a reluctant star witness in a sensational televised murder trial causing chaos in Old Town Alexandria with the threat of violent protests. The unrealistic story gets worse from here as people start getting killed, including the Judge's sister who is staying at the Judge's residence, with a microwave gun.

Cornwell spends the next 107 pages (30% of the book) cataloging every raindrop, turn of Marino's Ford Raptor, building they pass, roads they travel to the murder scene, etc before they cross the threshold of the house where the murder took place. Certainly Cornwell seems to forget about it in her eagerness to linger over the diabolical, state-of-the-art murder weapon by which the judge’s sister met her doom and to evoke the endless infighting among Scarpetta, her nemesis, Virginia health commissioner Dr.Then to make matters worse, Cornwell doesn’t really provide any sense of redemption or closure for Kay. Indeed, the novel does double duty as a survival manual, packed full of good advice—for instance, try not to get wounded, for “injury turns you from a giver to a taker. It paved the way for an explosion of entertainment featuring in all things forensic across film, television and literature. I’d read a paragraph and then swipe past pages upon pages of descriptions that were generally not germane to progressing the storyline but often underscoring Cornwell’s liberal slant on life and our government.

I recently picked this book up along with the latest in Sandford's Prey series, and Kellerman's Alex Delaware series. Whatever the reason, this, the 26th book in the popular series, is another one I really didn't want to put down. Plot twists emerge throughout that help accentuate the thriller angle, leaving the reader gasping at times.Newport, Rhode Island Murder at the Elms: A Gilded Newport Mystery Book takes place in another century, but similarities abound with life today in the United States. Kay is immediately struck by the eerie lack of bird, insect, and animal life surrounding the house, leading her colleague and brother-in-law, Pete Marino, to comment, “Is it just me?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop