The Colour Storm: The compelling and spellbinding story of art and betrayal in Renaissance Venice

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Colour Storm: The compelling and spellbinding story of art and betrayal in Renaissance Venice

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Atmospheric and suspenseful, The Colour Storm is an intoxicating story of art and ambition, love and obsession in Renaissance Venice . My only gripe would be the slow pacing, there was a lot of build up at the beginning and that could have been shortened and my interest held further. Little is known about his short life, and few works can be definitively attributed to him, yet the influence of his work was profound during the Renaissance, and far beyond. So when Zorzo hears a rumour of a mysterious new pigment brought to Venice by the richest man in Europe, he sets out to acquire the colour and secure his name in history. Our features are original articles from our print magazines (these will say where they were originally published) or original articles commissioned for this site.

Surfaces such as newly rendered walls, natural stone, mud bricks, rammed earth, even canvas, can be painted directly. Overall, I was fascinated by the colourful descriptions and the portrait of what life was like in Venice in the 16th century that Dibben evokes in The Colour Storm – but for me I feel the story itself was a little bit lost and didn’t feel completely satisfactory. But, in this the colour ascends simplicity and is brought to life with such stunning imagery and description. He really immersed the reader in it and it was like being transported back in the past and being there myself.In this episode the novelist Damian Dibben takes us back to Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic, to meet one of the most enigmatic of the masters. The Colour Storm is his second novel to explore seismic events of the past, whose influence and power can be felt to this day. You get a real sense of his passion for his work and offers an interesting insight into the way in which artists work.

He is a complex character, brought to life with monologues which at time feel almost Shakespearean in their manner and tone. Michelangelo’s work makes a person do all these things at once…” Your illusory references to the mysterious sought-after new colour’s ‘unimaginable’ shade evokes unexplored realms in the perception of colour. Anyone that knows me, knows I love all things Italian, especially the food, and the fact that this is set in a place I have always wanted to visit, Venice, made it just that much better. Burza kolorów” to z pewnością niezwykła opowieść, która nie tylko bawi wizją magicznego świata kolorów, ale także prowokuje do refleksji nad naturą sztuki, miłością i ludzką egzystencją.

Atmospheric and suspenseful, and filled with the famous artists of the era, The Colour Storm is an intoxicating story of art and ambition, love and obsession in Renaissance Venice - capturing a moment of artistic invention that echoes through the centuries. This work is much more grounded in reality and is not as exciting but it is a lovely story none the less, and got me looking at images of art from the Renaissance once again. This was an incredible feat of artistic brilliance and physical endurance, achieved by a someone who was a true genius but personally difficult and far from pleasant. If you are painting our paints on already painted or sealed walls, they are not as scrubbable as other paints.

Bauwerk Colour acknowledges the Beeliar Nyungar people, the traditional owners of the land where we make our Limewash. I was ready to believe that in the sixteenth century would think that there was an undiscovered colour, prince orient. Dobrze zobrazował też realia tamtych czasów i sposób działania pracowni malarskich oraz sam akt malowania. He was a real person, as are many of the other characters in the novel, and you may already be familiar with his paintings – if not, you can easily find images online of some of the pieces attributed to him which will give you an idea of the quality of his work. Be the first to hear about our new collections, interior trends for the season, exciting offers and events in your local showroom.Set in Renaissance Venice, this is a story of the artist Giorgione 'Zorzo' Barberelli, who after hearing gossip from a colour pigment seller develops an obsession with a unknown colour pigment known only as Prince Orient. Together Giorgione and Titian were central figures in the Venetian school of painting, which is characterised by its distinctive use of light and colour. A self-made woman in 16th century Italy with her own growing business, how could I not admire and love that. There are murder plots and love and death all involved and it made for such an amazing climax and finale of this story! kolory - W powieści pojawiają się także inne kolory, które mają swoje znaczenia, takie jak purpurowy, który może oznaczać magię lub niezwykłość, oraz biały, który symbolizuje czystość i niewinność.

We have all heard about the artistic titans of the Italian Renaissance Figures like da Vinci, Raphael and Michelangelo are household names and their legacy in the history of art is uncontested. The work has all the more emotional power as it focusses on a lesser known artist as he negotiates the precarious life of his city alongside competitors, those whose names have resounded through history. I feel the author could have bypassed the failed romance and actually took the book into another direction. From behind closed windows and shutters, Zorzo’s aware of families pressed together, restless shadows, watching and fretting as to whether this episode will pass – as most do – without significant horror, or if this one will be severe.

Written by an author who has a genuine love for creativity and a deep understanding of what it means to be alive, his characters are richly painted and seductive.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop