Plastic Syringe 10ml (5 Pack)

Plastic Syringe 10ml (5 Pack)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Adrenaline may cause or exacerbate hyperglycaemia, blood glucose should be monitored, particularly in diabetic patients. Intravenous adrenaline should only be administered by those experienced in the use and titration of vasopressors in their normal clinical practice. Adrenaline should be used with caution in patients with prostatic hyperplasia with urinary retention. Truth: The INS standards state that you shouldn’t transfer medication from one syringe to another. This practice can lead to a medication error or introduce bacteria into the syringe. In addition, a portion of the drug can be lost during transfer. Even a small loss can reduce the efficacy of a drug, especially with small-volume I.V. medications. In cardiac arrest following cardiac surgery, Adrenaline should be administered intravenously in doses of 0.5 ml or 1 ml of 1:10,000 solution (50 or 100 micrograms) very cautiously and titrated to effect.

Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions via Yellow Card Scheme. Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. Myth: A 10-mL syringe is required to administer I.V. push medications via a central line or peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC). Myth: Diluting small-volume doses of medication, such as 0.5 mL, to ensure the patient gets the whole dose is a good idea. Prolonged use of adrenaline can result in severe metabolic acidosis because of elevated blood concentrations of lactic acid.Myth: Drawing medication from a prefilled syringe and transferring it into another syringe is safe practice. This medicinal product is not appropriate to deliver a dose of less than 0.5 ml and should therefore not be used by the intravenous or intraosseous route, in neonates and infants with body weight less than 5 kg. Myth: Diluting I.V. push medications will reduce patient discomfort and vein irritation in peripheral I.V.s.

Intravenous or intraosseous route (above 5 kg only): 0.1 ml/kg of 1:10,000 solution (10 micrograms/kg) to a maximum single dose of 10 ml of 1:10,000 solution (1 mg), repeated every 3-5 minutes until return of spontaneous circulation. Adrenaline 1mg/10ml (1:10,000) solution for injection in pre-filled syringe is not recommended for intramuscular use in acute anaphylaxis. For intramuscular administration, a 1mg/ml (1:1000) solution should be used

You are now leaving bd.com – United Kingdom

A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. Truth: The most important strategy nurses can use to avoid pain and complications is to ensure that the I.V. is patent, with a good blood return. You also should see no swelling or signs of vein irritation, such as redness and warmth. Administer the medication in the correct form and push it over the proper amount of time, as advised by the manufacturer. The I.V. catheter should be the appropriate size for the vessel. (See next Myth.) Pallor, Coldness of the extremities. In high dosage or for patient's sensitive to adrenaline: hypertension (with risk of cerebral haemorrhage), vasoconstriction 1 Truth: Nurses may see using sa line flush syringes as an easy way to dilute and administer medications. However, the Food and Drug Administration has approved them only for flushing venous access devices. Nurses should be aware that not all brands of saline flush syringes are labeled “for flush only.” However, using any saline flush syringe for dilution is unsafe.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop