Metropolitan Life

Metropolitan Life

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Turning off the personalised advertising setting won’t stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. I’m Jim McKeown, welcome to Likely Stories, a weekly review of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and biographies. Slight handling wear, bookseller's small ink stamp to first page, mild marginal toning/spotting, faint remainder marks to bottom edge of book block, otherwise a nice clean tight solid softcover copy. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company: The welfare work of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company for its employees : report for 1915.

Metropolitan Life Insurance Company: Non-participating premium rates together with tables of loan and surrender values. It’s really cool to read about a long gone era of New York, but at the same time, boy are most of these essays dated!Metropolitan Life by Fran (not Annie) Lebowitz, a snarky little collection of vignettes of life in the big city way back when. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SELLER TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR QUALITY PRODUCTS AND A PROBLEM FREE EXPERIENCE. Etsy’s 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centres that host Etsy. In “Vocational Guidance for the Truly Ambitious,” she offers a check list to help sort out a career path.

Fran Lebowitz has a wonderfully dry and irreverent way of looking at life; this is a favorite of mine and I recommend it. Change country: -Select- Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada Chile China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong Hungary India Indonesia Ireland Italy Japan Malaysia Netherlands New Zealand Norway Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Saint Helena Slovakia South Africa South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Thailand Turkey United Kingdom United States Vatican City State Virgin Islands (U. Jacket is not clipped but has tiny chips and small closed tears along edges, with crease on bottom of front flap.I recently saw her on Jimmie Fallon’s late night TV show, and I was happy to see she is her still her crabby, funny self. Grand lists is a curated arts site specializing in books and movies selected by 100 public figures and celebrities, ranging from designers, musicians, artists, actors, performers and directors, to politicians, novelists, scientists and athletes. I wish I could remember any of it, but my sole memory of that evening is the q and a that came afterward, during which I asked some dumb question which she quickly made arch fun of, to the delight of the audience.

In these essays, Lebowitz turns her trademark caustic wit to everything from children ('rarely in the position to lend one a truly interesting sum of money'), to novelty ice cubes ('flowers belong in one's lapel, not in one's bourbon') and landlords ('it is the solemn duty of every landlord to maintain an adequate supply of roaches'). Her observations are based on her social circle, at least those that are presented in the short essays I’ve read in this book, and the problem is that her social circle is based on three concepts that I don’t have any real reference to: New York, the art world, and the literary world.Metropolitan Life Insurance Company: The welfare work of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company for its industrial policy-holders and employees. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company: Preventing taxicab accidents : a report of a survey conducted by the National Association of Taxicab Owners in cooperation with the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. This first softcover edition was published five months after Dutton's first hardcover edition and precedes the 1980 UK edition as well as the 1982 Ballentine Book edition. Today, years later, I would have laughed along; but back then all I wanted was to sink into the wine sticky floor. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop