My Body! What I Say Goes!: Teach children body safety, safe/unsafe touch, private parts, secrets/surprises, consent, respect

£9.9
FREE Shipping

My Body! What I Say Goes!: Teach children body safety, safe/unsafe touch, private parts, secrets/surprises, consent, respect

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Also included in this book are in-depth Discussion Questions to further enhance the learning and to initiate important family conversations around body autonomy. It aims to educate using a good choice of words can help parents whilst teaching their children about their "private parts" and can be used as a guide and a fun learning/reading experience. demonstrates understanding one's body, their personal boundaries, and how important consent is to a child. and ‘Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept’, will teach children the following crucial and empowering skills in personal body safety: – identifying safe and unsafe feelings – recognizing early warning signs – developing a safety network – using the correct names for private parts – understanding the difference safe and unsafe touch – understanding the difference between secrets and surprises – respecting body boundaries. I think I would also include that "private parts" or "no-touch parts" can be anywhere on your body that makes you feel uncomfortable or that you don't want anyone to touch.

Jay is also an accomplished children's book author, writing a number of titles for such literacy series as ZigZags, Totally Kidz, Deadly and Incredible, and a children's picture book series for Penguin. The story revolves around a character named Stevie, who learns about keeping their body safe and using their voice to speak up. Wroten in a way young children will understand without being too scary or complicated, this book will help teach and guid children not only to understand these issues, but to speak up about them too. Through age-appropriate illustrations and engaging text this book, written by the author of 'No Means No! I wish there were a better way of talking about the difference between secrets and information that’s simply private.It’s important to use the correct names for these body parts, even though some people might use funny names. These skills empower children, and go a long way in keeping them safe from abuse – ensuring they grow up as assertive and confident teenagers and adults. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Congratulations to Jayneen Sanders on another outstanding book for parents, carers, and educators to help protect kids!

It also provides clear steps to take if someone does touch their private parts or wants to see them. The book is still a valuable resource for teaching kids about body safety and promoting healthy sexuality. Approximately 20% of girls, and 8% of boys will experience sexual abuse before their 18th birthday (Pereda, et al, 2009). It also explores safe and unsafe feelings, early warning signs, a safety network, the correct names for private parts, safe and unsafe touch, and the difference between secrets and surprises. Jay is a mother of three daughters and was a school councillor at her local school for over seven years.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This comprehensive, empowering and age-appropriate children’s book will teach children about respect, consent and body boundaries.

It also includes discussion questions at the end to help parents extend the conversation and get even more out of the book. ISBN: 9781925089264 Author: Sanders, Jayneen Publisher: Educate2empower Publishing Publication Date: 1st July 2016 Imprint: Educate2empower Publishing Cover: Paperback Dewey: 362. This time spent in schools both as a teacher and a parent inspired her to ask the question of her community: 'What are we doing in schools to protect our children from unsafe touch? Potatohead might have male and female voices in Toy Story, but they are still toys and still don’t have a penis or vagina.If I were to read this with a child i would omit girl/boy and replace with child or "some bodies" when they talk about "private parts.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop