Zagone Studios Krampus Adult Mask

Zagone Studios Krampus Adult Mask

RRP: £77.21
Price: £38.605
£38.605 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Upon arriving home, Tom and Howard try to calm the family, saying they will board up the doors and windows and have a camp out in the living room. Tom's Austrian mother by the name of Omi warns Tom to keep the fire in the fireplace going. However, Howard falls asleep while he is keeping watch, and the fire goes out. Krampus lowers a hook with one of his minions, a living gingerbread man, which captures Howie Jr., despite the rest of the family trying to save them. During this, they accidentally light their Christmas tree on fire. Following this, Omi tells the rest of the family her knowledge on Krampus: A clatter of cowbells stirred somewhere in the distance. Three kids next to us gasped, scattering to a wooden fence lining the snow-stomped path. They scuttled onto the bottom rail straining to peer into towering shrouds of timber.

As the carving takes shape, it’s meticulously refined. Every curve, every furrow, needs the right touch of menace. However, mask making isn’t all about aesthetics; it’s also about balance. A mask too heavy loses its nimbleness, too thin, and the essence is lost. The carver must achieve a harmonious meeting of wood and spirit.It’s always remarkable when ancient traditions make it to the present — but Krampus has had an especially rough fight for survival. YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The Mountain Witches of the Dolomites Keeping Up with the Krampus in South Tyrol In the 19th century, evil Krampus spirits began to accompany Sankt Nikolaus impersonators on home visits and would sometimes cross the threshold to scare children, but their anarchic energy was usually restrained and controlled by the benign man with the bushy white beard. It started with the wind, on a cold Winter night, much like this. It was almost Christmas, but this Christmas was darker, less cheerful. But I still believed in Santa, in magic and miracles, and the hope that we could find joy again. But our village had given up on miracles, and on each other. They had forgotten the spirit of Christmas, the sacrifice of giving, and my family was no different. I tried to help them to believe again, but we were no longer the loving family I remembered. They too had given up. And eventually, so did I. And for the first time, I didn't wish for a miracle. I wished for them to go away. A wish I would come to regret. And that night, in the darkness of a howling blizzard... I got my wish. I knew Saint Nicholas was not coming this year. Instead, it was a much darker, more ancient spirit. The shadow of Saint Nicholas. It was... Krampus. And as he had for thousands of years, Krampus came not to reward, but to punish, not to give, but to take. He, and his helpers. I could only listen as they dragged my family into the underworld, knowing that I would be next. But Krampus did not take me that night. He left me, as a reminder of what happens when hope is lost, when belief is forgotten, and the Christmas spirit...dies.

Amazing shoes! They look so realistic and pair amazingly with my satyr costume for the Renaissance Fair this year! Only thing that bothered me was a tiny little hole in one of the leggings but i can just see that up no problem. The tradition has become an important one in many countries and has come to include expensive handmade masks, elaborate costumes, and even parades. Though some complain that the celebration is becoming too commercialized, many aspects of the old festival endure. Franz Edelmann/Wikimedia Commons Costumed Krampuses pose for the camera at a Krampusnacht celebration in 2006.We asked the community whether there would be rooms available for our passports and for mask carving. Mayor Klaus Winkler suggested this place to us. In one year of extensive work, we have now adapted the rooms as a museum with a carving workshop and club room. There are currently around 50 exhibits (including larvae, costumes, etc.) on display, also from friends from the region; In the future, we also want to regularly buy new pieces or temporarily exhibit them from other groups." The clamor of bells grew louder. More gasps spread through the little ones. A tangle of fear and excitement tightened around us. And then we spotted them. Fire belched into the sky and lights red as blood painted a billowing mist moving toward us. A tribal beat thundered in the air. The crowd began to run. We stood frozen. The scariest Krampus we ever met? Most definitely. Believe it or not, Krampus is so ingrained into Austria's history and lore that there exists a Krampus Museum, dedicated to all things Krampus folklore. Found in Austria's Kitzbühel, those who are interested in learning more about the pagan figure can head underground to visit its various exhibits. A statement from the chairman of the museum: I feel like this is the most obvious way to celebrate Krampusnacht. But if you have the ability, go to a Krampus parade and take some friends or family members (just be aware the kids might be traumatized hereafter). There are many large cities in the United States, in certain places in Europe, and in Australia that are carrying on this tradition. 2. Bundle O’ Birch Twigs

In the final touches, demonic glass eyes and horns are added to the mask. The horns are often the real deal. Coming from goats in the region. Ultimately, the mask is primed and painted with oil and acrylic strokes, transforming the wood into a living, breathing beast. A soft inner padding is then often added providing a layer of comfort for the would-be mask wearer. Goat-horned half-demons with scraggy coats of fur, lolling tongues and threatening bundles of birch branches are no one’s idea of a welcome guest on a winter’s night. The largest Krampus Run in South Tyrol takes place in the village of Toblach (Dobbaccio in Italian) in the heart of Val Pusteria not from from Lago di Dobbiaco. Nearly 600 beasts including those from Austria, Germany and Switzerland invade the town square for a night filled with ancestral terror. The choir of cowbells heard here may only be rivaled by a South Tyrolean cattle drive. Krampus and his minions appear in a horror attraction based on the movie at Universal Studios during Halloween Horror Nights.Krampus Night or “Krampusnacht” traditionally occurs on December 5th, the eve of St. Nicholas Day. However, Krampus events in South Tyrol run from late November through early December. The dates of Krampus Runs can vary from year to year so be sure to confirm the event before arriving. Listen above to the History Uncovered podcast, episode 54: Krampus, also available on Apple and Spotify. They say he comes on the evening of December 5th, a night called “Krampusnacht.” You can usually hear him coming, as the soft steps of his bare human foot alternate with the clip-clop of his cloven hoof. In Austria in 1923, Krampus and all Krampusnacht activities were banned by the Fascist Christian Social Party. Their motives were a little murky. Though they agreed that Krampus was a force for evil, there seems to have been some confusion about whether that was because of his clear ties to the Christian Devil or his less-clear ties to the Social Democrats. What we do know is the origin of Krampus hails from Southern Germany, in the Bavarian Alps. Though his image has seemingly spread worldwide these days. In Bavaria the people celebrate Krampusnacht and have a “running of the Krampuses” or Krampuslauf. This is a parade that’s become quite popular in modern times and drives tourism to the region in the Winter months. When is Krampusnacht? And What Does Krampus Do?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop