Not by Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen's Success In and After Treatment

Not by Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen's Success In and After Treatment

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Through great sacrifice after his mission, Aroldo took financial responsibility for their education and the mission of his brother. Tim Thayne had a career crisis, when he realized how many families struggle even after years of therapy and tens of thousands of dollars in adolescent treatment programs for their sons or daughters.

When reading it I couldn't help thinking: if I had the chance to read it 10 years ago, my life would be different.

This book serves up concrete tools, hope, confidence, and stamina for families, professionals and mentors. And the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a … wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen … and [began] to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing” ( 3 Nephi 2:1–2). The plain speaking principles and stories resonate with the reader allowing retention of the key lessons. Addressing honest questions is an important part of building faith, and we use both our intellect and our feelings. It's open and modest, the author makes no claims to grandiosity, and in some respects is expressing his good fortune in relationships, family, profession and the people he's met and worked with.

Maxwell once said: “Some insist upon studying the Church only through the eyes of its defectors—like interviewing Judas to understand Jesus. Immersing oneself in persistent doubt, fueled by answers from the faithless and the unfaithful, weakens one’s faith in Jesus Christ and the Restoration.

So between how kind sounding he is in his words, I got to learn more about the experiments, trials, and tribulations that made up his life. Teresa Ciano, GoSafe Partnership Manager said: “Road casualties and fatalities cause devastating consequences; not only on those involved in the collision, but also on the wider circle of family and friends. I was, and continue to be, hungry for personal insight into the world of academia, which I've had little of with the exception of speaking with a few professors.

Months later while preparing a sacrament meeting talk, Aroldo studied the words that Samuel reprovingly spoke to King Saul: “To obey,” he read, “is better than [to] sacrifice. From reward charts to time outs, many popular parenting approaches are based on shaping behavior, not raising humans.

Elliot Aronson isn't a particularly familiar name to me, although I bought this book because I wanted to know more about psychology in America, a long-standing interest. The meeting was planned in such a haphazard way, I have no idea how long it will be or what’s happening next. It was so well written that I didn't even mind reading for the tenth time about the best known psychological experiments.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop