In Paris With You

In Paris With You

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Word play is another technique used to generate humour. The speaker refers to his weariness at having to talk about his failed relationship: “I’m one of your talking wounded”, a pun on the phrase ‘walking wounded’ (used in the context of war), which he then rhymes with”maroonded”, a partly nonsense word used to maintain the rhyme scheme. This brings a fun and inventive tone to the poem. The final stanza repeats “I’m in Paris with…” four times, and offers both comical and sensual references to the speaker’s enthusiasm for the person he is with. It is notable that the narrator refers to doing “this and that” which one would assume is a euphemism for sex but then says to “what and whom” Is he referring to himself as a what? Or rather his partner? Is he de-humanizing someone? Perhaps this is down to an element of guilt? There is further evidence to support this self-discovery as the narrator adds “learning what I am” This once again is an interesting choice of words. The narrator doesn’t want to know who they are, but what they are.

The format of how this novel is written is just gorgeous. I've never seen a book written like this, it felt to me like an entire new reading experience. And I'm not surprised that it was such a success in France, the author's home country.I won an arc in a Goodreads Giveaway. A big thank you to Wednesday Books! All thoughts and opinions are my own. Stimulating, visual, and easily adaptable, these lessons provide suggested learning objectives and outcomes for students of a wide-range of abilities - The vast majority of tasks are differentiated to allow for different abilities and needs in your classroom. Each lesson loosely follows this logical learning journey to ensure that students learn in bite-size steps:
Such a sweet satisfying story of love and loss... both Tatiana and Eugene were likable and a little quirky.... The story really transported you to Paris, you could see the sights, hear the sounds, and smell the scents of the city... a cleverly told love story... I’m not sure I could read every book in verse, but it was nice for a little change of pace... Furthemore, I adore the main character, Tatiana. She is a clever, strong, determine, loving and caring young woman. As she grew older she realized the importance of being appreciated. Therefore, making her stronger to live the life that she lives. Now, because it has such an unique style, the reading per se wasn't as easy for me, because firstly it's written in verse, but also because the format changes all the time. And the only conclusion I have is that this book needs to be enjoyed without being rushed. It's a visual treat and needs to be treated as such.

Overall, I love In Paris With You! It is not your typical romance book. I highly recommend it if you love contemporary books!But I am in Paris with you.’The anticlimax is deliberately flat in tone. The romance of Paris and the intimacy of the second person pronoun ‘you’ is bathetic due to the qualification of the preposition ‘ But’. This is a compromise and compromising relationship. There is no romantic idealism or excitement here… i am also an absolute IDIOT, because when i entered the giveaway for this book (thanks goodreads giveaways!) i did not notice it was poetry. i would not have entered if i knew it was poetry. If you love poetry. If you love something unique. lIf you enjoy reading in verses. This book is for you!! Funnily enough, this is not the only book out this year that was inspired by Eugene Onegin: see also Philip Hensher’s The Friendly Ones.] If the speaker is in Paris then they have been before and this visit is full of revisions and reminders of the previous visit where a more romantic time was perhaps enjoyed.

Disclaimer: I won a copy of In Paris With You from a Goodreads giveaway hosted by the publisher. Many thanks to St. Martin’s Press for the opportunity to read and review. Please be assured that my opinions are honest. And yet it was interesting for Eugene, who had hardly ever experienced this kind of feeling before, I was excited to read this book because of the blurb and the format (a story about lost love and having second chances). This story was actually in verses? So it was like a poem. Usually I don't usually go for these types of books so this was a pleasant surprise! I actually enjoyed the writing. It was organized and wasn't confusing. However, I felt sometimes the love thing went a little overboard. It was just a little much for me.Secondly, I love the format of the book. It was written in a poem format! Hence, making it fun and fast to read. Writing an extended analysis piece based upon how Sheers gets across the narrator's feelings in the poem, through the use of language and structure; Students will vital skills in: interpreting the significant meanings poems, understanding the writer's ideas within poems, understanding the social and historical contexts of poems, and analysing features of content, language, and structure.

The humour and risqué subject matter shouldn’t detract in any way from the cleverness of this poem. It is more skilful and complex than it first appears.Is the speaker therefore using ‘Paris’ as a metaphor for love or lost love too ? We have to wait and see how this voice untangles his tale..and of course there is no guarantee the speaker is male..we never know the identities or genders of either the I or the you…this makes the poem open to all sorts of possible sexual intimacies..

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop