Kick the Moon

Kick the Moon

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The discussions of diversity and privilege were also great to read and the naturalised diversity of the characters was realistic.

The teenage characters discussed these issues in a thoughtful and intelligent manner which felt realistic of characters their age. Imran is our villain for the novel, and he was the only one that made sense to be terrible the way he is.

The pair’s friendship is tested, though, when Kelly gets involved with Imran and her life comes crashing down in ruins when he exploits her. Ilyas is unhappily embroiled in a gang, a group of young men who egg each other on to acts of vandalism and petty crimes within their community, who one-up each other with exploits involving girls, and are all in thrall to their 'leader'. Excellent book for teenagers, will hit a nerve with many and gives adults a rather frank and worrying look at what some young people battle as their grow up. Sexism and homophobia are also discussed and addressed in the novel (although more could have been done with the latter), and gang culture is touched upon.

Stereotyping and dialogue was the main issue for me in his debut and that really continues into Kick The Moon.

Further to all of that, at the heart of this book is also a story of friendship and I cannot begin to express how much I love books about friendship. Not all the characters were quite so archetypal (Ilyias's peers in his maths class and his teacher were all brilliant characters), and Khan does discuss and break down some of these stereotypes, but I felt it could have been done more subtly. It’s inspirational story that a lot of teenagers will relate too, I related to it and working in a school, around your neighbourhood, you see so much and you need this book to know there is hope.

This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. Ilyas finds his tribe, but not in a tribalistic sense - he finds those who are positive, supportive and who have the same verve for life that deep down he has always had.He and his team have delivered comic art, concept design, storyboards and commercial illustration for international brands and publishers such as Netflix, Square Enix, SKY, Porsche, Universal, Hachette, Pepsi Co, ITV, Ubisoft, Nike, Warner Bros and Titan Comics. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop