Monopoly Game Star Wars Saga Edition

Monopoly Game Star Wars Saga Edition

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

STAR WARS THEMES: The properties and utilities in this Star Wars themed board game are locations and droids. If you can’t pay the rent and run out of properties to mortgage, you are declared bankrupt and out of the game. You can now sit fuming in the corner while your so-called friends continue playing for another hour or two. Oh well, at least the pewter tokens look really cool. If a player chooses to try and claim another's property (by having rolled "boxcars" (double sixes), each player rolls one die: one is red and one is blue.

Monopoly Star Wars Saga Edition Board Game - Phillips Toys

Instead of claiming a property when you land on it, you’ll place your base token on the corresponding area of the planet. The board shows you where to set it, don’t worry. It also shows you how much rent someone landing on it will pay. There are no deeds cards in this version. As per standard Monopoly, the rent gets doubled if you own the entire set. If the other member of your team lands on your base, the rent gets halved. At this point, the player to defeat him collects the 100-credit reward, and all turns cease. All players then receive the following: Don’t exhaust your credits – I always try to keep enough money on hand to pay for the two highest rents on the board. There’s very little to worry about until those third settlements go down. At this point – provided I have settlements or cities of my own – I switch to a higher risk, keeping enough credits to ensure I can pay off the highest rent only. Saving that much in cash would no longer be feasible towards the end of the game. Before you start playing, the only thing to really make sure you’re aware of is the unique Force power double rolls. Everything else is almost exactly the same as standard Monopoly in all but name. Of course, it’s pure chance that you roll a double (1 in 6, as you may know) – and even then, you have no control over which double (1/36 for each number). It’s simply a case of if you happen to roll a double knowing what to do with it. Since Star Wars is so recognized, you might not be surprised to hear that many different variations of Star Wars Monopoly are available today.As a Star Wars fan myself, I love this. It’s a simple concept but makes the playing process that much more enjoyable for me. For this section, I’ll describe how to play the version I own: the Star Wars Saga Edition. This edition contains a few unique rules to set it apart from other games (see below). There are, naturally, many different variations, which I’ll discuss in more detail later on. Setting the Board up When you land on someone else’s property, you must pay the rent (unless it’s currently mortgaged) using your available cash. If you don’t have sufficient credits, you’ll need to mortgage properties to the Bank for half their value. You can’t charge anyone rent for mortgaged properties or build on them until you pay the full price to unmortgage them. This game is for only two to four players. You’ll see straight away that the board looks different – there are only two properties (known as hideouts) in each set. Instead of cash, you’ll be using Imperial Credits: bronze (10 credits) and gold (50 credits), with each player starting with 2x gold and 5x bronze (150 credits). Usually, the Star Wars Monopoly rules are no different to standard Monopoly games, but there are some with a unique spin to make things even more interesting.

Star Wars Monopoly Guide - Dice n Board Star Wars Monopoly Guide - Dice n Board

I feel the need to explain the rules in a certain amount of detail for this one. It’s really something different, and perhaps something Monopoly has been missing all these years. Base tokens correspond to each character. Blue tokens relate to the Light Side, while red ones, of course, represent the Dark Side bases.

This is another decent twist to Monopoly. The game has a set end-point – something the standard game is undoubtedly missing. It also encourages teamwork, and by removing the deeds cards, there’s a bit less going on. I’d recommend it for casual gamers looking for a light-hearted evening in. You’ll be fine as long as you don’t lose to Moff Gideon while you have the Child. If this happens, the Child is captured, and the game is over. Again, everyone loses. The End of the Game Other than that, here are a few standard Monopoly strategies and tips you can apply to the Star Wars Saga Edition:

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop