Light Bringer: the Sunday Times bestseller (Red Rising Series)

£10
FREE Shipping

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

On the other hand, I do wish we had gotten more Victra and Kavax in this one. Part II has maybe the biggest space battle the series has ever had and it’s amazing, but if you’re hoping for a lot of Victra like we had in Dark Age you might be missing her a little. Characters go MIA the second half of the book but I think it’s for good reason. The events happening in each Part (4 parts in total) are paced in such a way that to hop across the solar system might be a little jarring. When you’re in a massive space battle, the last thing you want is to jump to another location for a territory dispute. Less hopping makes the book more cohesive but you will miss some of those side characters for long stretches. I think the camaraderie in the book was as good as any of the books in the first trilogy and far better than what was on display in the last few books. Dark Age is an amazing book but was hard to read at times due to how bleak it was, but Lightbringer is a book you can finish in a few days because it is just so easy to read. I really liked Lyria and Cassius' friendship in this because they both had such a good arc, and in contrast if Lysander meets any end but being burned alive like the Ash Lord, I will be disappointed. I do wish we would have gotten more Diomedes in this second series though, because the political maneuvering he pulls off in this book is just on another level. He is the best character of all the Rim golds since his father Romulus, who stole the show in Morning Star and Iron Gold any time he was in the scene. Setting & Society– The Red Rising saga is set in a futuristic solar system where Mars, Luna, and other moons and planets have been terraformed.All people are divided into color classes.Golds are at the top, and Reds are at the bottom.Their ancestors are from Earth.

We delve deeper into the psyches of the characters as they change from age and trauma. Seeing Cassius’ and Darrow’s relationship heal and as they helped each other grow stronger was absolute perfection. A decade ago, Darrow was the hero of the revolution he believed would break the chains of the Society. But the Rising has shattered everything: Instead of peace and freedom, it has brought endless war. Now he must risk everything he has fought for on one last desperate mission. Darrow still believes he can save everyone, but can he save himself? Loved this book. It's not secret that I enjoy the sequel books with Dark Age being my favorite in the entire series. I went into Light Bringer with very high expectations and it met all of them. It's my second favorite out of the 6 published books and it was well worth the wait.As always, I had a lot of fun reading. I love Darrow. And I love Sevro. And I love the two Once a Red refugee, young Lyria now stands accused of treason, and her only hope is a desperate escape with unlikely new allies. And Lysander au Lune, the heir in exile to the sovereign, wanders the stars with his mentor, Cassius, haunted by the loss of the world that Darrow transformed, and dreaming of what will rise from its ashes. Snetiker, Marc (December 30, 2014). " Golden Son (2015)". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved January 30, 2015. Brown also noted the popularity of his novels among the LGBT community, saying "It's amazing that they have found a home in these books ... All these lost souls in my books have connected with people and I find it incredibly moving." [18]

a b Howler, Kelly (May 3, 2018). "Pierce Brown Talks Red Rising TV Show, Violet Life and More". Howler Life . Retrieved July 21, 2019.Darrow plants himself in Tyche, where the Morning Star undergoes repairs. He begins to uncover Storm God machines that were hidden by Octavia. Their first plans against Atalantia and Atlas don’t work out since Atlas doesn’t do what they expect. A young Red girl flees tragedy in her refugee camp and achieves for herself a new life she could never have imagined. Well, I did say I was ready to be hurt again. This book is everything I wanted it to be. Probably more. I am speechless. Angry that I must wait *however long* for Red God. I can't talk about it yet. It's too soon. I need to think... Snetiker, Marc (February 5, 2014). " Red Rising (2014)". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved January 29, 2015.

Pierce Brown’s New York Timesbestselling Red Rising series continues in the thrilling sequel to Dark Age. For a decade Darrow led a revolution against the corrupt color-coded Society. Now, outlawed by the very Republic he founded, he wages a rogue war on Mercury in hopes that he can still salvage the dream of Eo. But as he leaves death and destruction in his wake, is he still the hero who broke the chains? Or will another legend rise to take his place? A large part of how I rate a book depends on if the author was able to get an emotional reaction out of me. If a book is able to accomplish that, unless they do something else that is just really not my thing, I will typically really like or love it. That being said, Light Bringer made me cry once and tear up at least once if not more. Not heaving sobs, but tears none the less. Part of that I’m sure is the love I already have for this series and especially the characters, but an even bigger part is that Brown continues to write scenes with such raw emotion. As a storm approaches, Lysander remembers the Storm God. He and Seraphina head off to destroy it, but Seraphina is killed, and Lysander is defeated, burning part of his face. Sefi reveals that the archGovernor of Mars and Virginia were killed in a coup, and Sevro has been captured on Earth. Electra blames Sefi.It would be believable if said betrayal occurred due to an over reliance on honor but Piers let’s us know that honor is really a secondary value next to duty and furthering the goals of their house. So this continued blind spot of betrayal that is never learned from by the brightest minds of the society is glaring and serves as a huge distraction to the story.

So why are we fading? Because we don’t wanna be here. We wanna be on the other side of this shit. We’re waiting to live. But this is it. This is our life until we change it. That’s all right. Like Darrow said, it’s a blessing. It is our privilege to fight. So let’s stop eating ourselves, chewing on each other’s legs. It’s stupid. It’s endless. We got more to do.”Now, if you love these books, you know how twisty and turny they can be. So, for that reason, I don't want to share my feelings on characters too much because it might give stuff away. But I will say, if you loved Iron Gold and Dark Age, you will love this one. And like me, you will laugh, you will cheer, you will gasp, you will stress eat, and you will probably cry. The worlds once needed the Reaper. But now they need Darrow. Because after the dark age will come a new age: of light, of victory, of hope. Sefi confirms Atalantia poisoned her. She reveals to Ephraim that Volga is Ragnar’s daughter, and she wants Volga to be queen when she dies.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop