Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - Battlezone Fronteris: Nachmund (Scenery Boxed Set)

£20.995
FREE Shipping

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - Battlezone Fronteris: Nachmund (Scenery Boxed Set)

RRP: £41.99
Price: £20.995
£20.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For several months now we’ve been waiting for the release of GW’s newest terrain set, Battlezone Fronteris, which was first previewed late last year and received rules in the Vigilus Alone campaign supplement. This new boxed set expands on the terrain first introduced in the now-legendary Moon Base Klaisus boxed set and further expanded on in the Kill Team Kill Zone Fronteris set. In addition to adding several large new elements, this terrain has been billed by GW as great for both narrative and competitive play. As with just about all the recent Chaos Space Marine releases (see Eldritch Omens), there are a huge amount of variant builds for each figure. Each model can be assembled two or three ways – aside from one particular Marine, which has whopping five different builds. To equip the Stormsabre – as I christened this original variant – with some offensive capability, I first modified the superstructure of the Shadowsword to fit the top of my landing pad hull. I definitely wanted a single giant cannon, and while the volcano cannon is already pretty big, I decided to up the size even further. This isn’t my ideal table layout by any means, and I generally think that these buildings aren’t amazingly suited for competitive play, but you can cobble something workable together with only a little bit of effort. Narrative Play and Modeling

Fowler: The landing pad is definitely a luxury, especially as it may not be universally useful terrain. If you are interested and the price works for you – it’s a great piece of kit.Something I really, really like about your method is that it is fast, and seems to create a really rich base for further Contrast paints work. So, in theory, you could do the ready-to-play colour scheme as you did, then increasingly work on adding colourful details later on, as long as you haven't added the varnish yet. Does it pan out like that?

Beneath the plastic lies a divider, designed to keep the pointy bits of sprue from scratching up the stuff beneath. It’s as if a step of two were completely missed from print. It’s annoying they’ve been missed off, but not the end of the world. However, there is another issue. There are also two double-sided folding gaming boards measuring 30″ x 22.4″. Each one of these double-sided boards is the right size for a Kill Team game and you can combine them for a Combat Patrol or Incursion scale game of 40K, which means anything up to 1000 points. Is It Easy To Assemble? Could you be tempted to snap up one of these terrain sets to give you a basis for your Warhammer 40,000 games?The game, which is a great way to spend time escaping the pressures of the real world while rolling dice with friends. The miniatures, which are almost universally of excellent quality and the setting, grim and dark with all the dials turned up to 11. For the most part, the veritable forest of scenery that comes with the Nachmund box is fairly straightforward to build. The majority of the component parts that go into each model are fairly few, and the guide – although occasionally brief (i.e. skipping repeat steps on some duplicate components with different numbers) – is clear enough. The Battlezone: Fronteris Nachmund box set has a decent amount of terrain inside, but how much cash will it save you value-wise? Som, before we begin, I need to say that this is a wild estimate based on several factors I’ve gone into below. And whilst we are estimating much of the value here, on the verge of a yearly price hike from GW, what we are looking for here is an estimated savings percentage. At least then, no matter what the price goes up by, we can still infer a saving.

The latest offering in the series of new edition Kill Team releases, Nachmund carries the torch forward with a similar level of pomp and fanfare to its predecessors. With enough new rules to keep competitive players’ noses buried in the new expansion’s book, and some truly fantastic miniatures to boot, Nachmund is only let down by the fact its sprues are extremely complicated and its assembly guide contains a number of glaring mistakes. Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team: Nachmund Review – Introduction With a good pair of nippers, a hobby knife and some plastic glue, I was able to assemble the whole thing in around 2 hours. That’s even accounting for my somewhat needless desire to eliminate every single mould line or piece of flashing. The fiddliest part is the Vox-Antenna, and that’s only because you have the choice of vertical or horizontal for the position of the dish. What’s The Quality Like? If you are interested in saving even more money, you’ll want to have a look at your local independent gaming store, or have a poke around your favourite online retailer. You’ll likely be able to grab a copy of Nachmund for an even more discounted price. Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team: Nachmund Review – Where to Next?As I said above we do not have a direct comparison for this set. But in the time since I started writing this and now, GW has released the Aeldari Guardians. Which is 10 models with a Hovering heavy Weapons Platform. These articles are usually excellent if you scroll past the wall of text and look at the pure data in the tables. However on this occasion the data presented misses far of the mark. Dave: I always like to see what people do with our terrain – like when hobbyists are chopping them up and converting them in ways I’d never thought of. It’s not so long ago that if you wanted some scenery, you’d have to make it yourself out of bits of cardboard. These kits make it a lot more accessible, so it’s always great to see people enjoying them.

Severe and functional, these bastions have just enough gothic flourishes and skulls to make it very clear these are Imperial-made.* Again, realistically. All of this together in a single set (which it isn’t outside Nachmund) would probably cost you as much as the Battlezone: Mechanicus – Charadon set. Kill Team Nachmund Transfer – Final Thoughts The addition of the two double-sided boards means you can have two Kill Team games running at once on a standard-sized dining table, and then combine them for a smaller 40K game, which is ideal.So it could be 5%, but Kill Team generally contains a lot of scenery, so will it fall into the 10% Category? Or could this even fall into the “couple of other things” category and go up 20%? here’s a preview of what that would look like below. Building the terrain is one thing; using it is another. How’s this terrain fare for competitive play? Well, that depends on what game you’re playing. Kill Team Richard: I must have played dozens of games now on Fronteris terrain, and I feel really happy with the way it’s turned out. The clarity of structure, silhouette, and footprint really streamlines the gaming experience. Familiar questions of cover, line of sight, and positioning become straightforward. It’s the best Warhammer 40,000 terrain yet.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop