The Curfew: The utterly gripping Sunday Times bestselling thriller from the author of Netflix hit THE HOLIDAY

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Curfew: The utterly gripping Sunday Times bestselling thriller from the author of Netflix hit THE HOLIDAY

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I think every parent can recognize themselves in many of the characters. The need to give your teenager more freedom as their grow up but at the same time you can not seem to stop worring that something bad may happen to them and fear that you won't be able to help. With a well drawn cast of characters that invoke a range of emotions from frustration to delight (12 year old Harriet was just wonderful – think of a young Tilly Bradshaw!) The Curfew focuses on the question, how far would you go to protect your children?

I enjoyed this and appreciated that Logan doesn’t take us where we expect. And where an author would be tempted to go. Logan also touches on some topical issues around bullying, spiking drinks as well as the pros and cons of social media, but it has to be said that my favourite thing about this whole book was Harriet. What a delight! As a parent to a teenager, I could feel the fear and panic of the Andy and Laura, the parents at the centre of this story. It makes you ponder the question, how far would you go to protect your child? When their son, Connor breaks his curfew, it is only the start of his troubles. He is soon at the middle of the biggest story to hit this small community but claims his innocence. Andy is determined to clear his son's name, by any means.

With the recent surge in drink spiking, especially among today’s students in the UK, this book is timely, dealing with a topical issue. The author also raises a question every parent can relate to: how far would you go to protect your child? I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for ages now as I really enjoyed the T M Logan books that I’ve read previously. The Curfew focuses on Andy and the story of when his son misses his curfew and the incredible events that unfold after this. Everything has been fairly normal with their family until one night Connor goes out to celebrate the end of their exams, misses his curfew and then is arrested! The Curfew plot – 4/5

Tim was born in Berkshire and studied in London and Cardiff before becoming a national newspaper journalist. He lives in Nottinghamshire with his wife and two children, and writes in a cabin at the bottom of his garden. Author Logan was born to a German mother and an English father in Berkshire. He studied at Cardiff and Queen Mary universities and obtained his graduate degrees. Immediately after, Logan started working as a journalist at a national newspaper. Currently, he works as a full-time writer and resides in Nottinghamshire along with his wife and children. Logan has built a cabin for himself in his garden where he normally finds the quiet and peace to work on his novels. He says that he has been writing fiction for a long time, but didn’t think seriously about getting his work published. It was only after he hit his mid-30s that he began to take it seriously with the intention of becoming a published author. Subsequently, Logan started devoting a proper amount of time for his writing work and pushed towards finishing a full-length book. His first work of fiction is still left unpublished. This is unlike any of Logan’s other books, but is equally as high standard as always. In fact, this is an author who gets better and better with every book. I knew I wanted to write so journalism seemed an obvious choice, and after five years as a reporter and then education correspondent on the Nottingham Evening Post I moved to London to work on the Daily Mail. At the Mail I became the paper’s Science Reporter, covering all kinds of stories from new technology to the environment, space, genetics, health and medicine. I enjoyed being a national newspaper journalist but it didn’t leave much time for anything else – like thriller writing.TM Logan‘s books are definitely entertaining and they keep you guessing until the end. They are easy to read with snappy chapters that perfectly matches the action. One of the things I used to love about being a daily news journalist was being one of the first to hear about a breaking story. I would be among the first to dig into what was happening, first to pull the details together and first to file a story that would help spread that news far and wide. Andy and Laura are good parents. They let their son Connor go out with his friends to celebrate completing exams, but his curfew is midnight. When Connor misses that curfew, it sets off a series of events that change the lives of more than one family. Because five teenagers went into the woods that night, but only four came out. And telling the truth might mean losing everything...

Sharp, tautly plotted and dripping with dread, T.M. Logan cements his status as master of the what-if thriller in The Curfew . A tantalising, clever ride' Phoebe MorganThis story is mostly narrated from the father's POV (Andy) but we also get glimpses from other character's POVs, so I had to change my mind more than once about the outcome of this story. I liked how author continue to build the tension, so towards the end I couldn't read fast enought to see what will happen next.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop