Nintendo Samus Figure with Accessory

Nintendo Samus Figure with Accessory

RRP: £199.99
Price: £99.995
£99.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Some diehard fan over at Nintendo/Max Factory/Good Smile must’ve suggested actual missiles as an accessory, but was fired for being too good for this world and replaced by some chump who then proceeded to throw out the idea that they should instead include a thumbs up hand, which Samus flashes once throughout the entire game – during the final ending game cutscene no less! Why Samus needed to be shot first and not the Metroid- The reason for Samus being shot at all begs the question.

First 4 Figures is extremely proud to present Samus Aran's Zero Suit, the third collectible statues in First 4 Figures highly anticipated suit series based on Retro Studios Metroid Prime game trilogy. This version is based on the Zero Suit seen at the end of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Some very cool bits of extra ingenuity that allow for more movement include articulated flaps at the hips and stomach armor that retracts in to allow for a significant degree of torso bending. Whatever your outlook on the controversial Wii title, Figma's latest Nintendo-themed offering should be of interest. Zero Suit Samus is fully poseable and comes with interchangeable components and accessories, including a "thumbs up" hand:And yet despite that feeling, the Figma still looks world-class, which is where that troublesome dissonance is coming from – it looks so good even close-up, but when you hold it, it feels more like a cheap hollow plastic figurine. You get an optional missile-firing arm cannon tip, three extra left hands, a morph ball…and the standard Figma stand. That’s it. Maybe Samus’ base body was just that much more expensive to produce, but it’s still a tough pill to swallow when TP Link gave us an entire armory.

The first 2 units I received had stress fractures throughout the paint on the left half of the chest plate. I've spoken to a number of other owners who also have had this issue, sometimes there are similar fractures in the paint on the cannon, although only one of my samples had this too. The proportions, the colors, the way everything moves – right out of the box this Figma exudes motion. It looks dynamic, which is especially ironic given that the Prime versions of the armor are probably known to be some of the least dynamic/acrobatic in the series (this is compared to the ninja stunts and close-quarters roundhouses Samus pulled in her Other M suit). An alternate head part with short hair is also included, allowing you to display the younger Samus. The statue is heavy and extremely well made. I give massive props to the QC team on this one. The statue looks amazing as is, but with the added electronics on the EX version, it really takes it to the next level. The way they've designed the base to transmit power to the DC connector on the foot, then through the statue and once again to another DC power connector on the right arm, where the cannon slips into place, is really clever!Oh right, you get a morph ball too. Don’t get me wrong, I love the morph ball as a power up and I think it’s a timeless upgrade and vital aspect to the Metroid games, but in figure form I discovered long ago that it’s extremely underwhelming. After all, it’s just…a ball. The white of Samus' armour has a lovely gloss and shine to it and just radiates quality workmanship (most pieces from other statue makers look dull, dusty and matte). I doubt people complain about figure weight and feel often (at least, I rarely see it mentioned), but for this Samus it’s accentuated by the fact that the previous Samus Figma felt as though it was much more solid. Each segment – thighs, arms, torso, head – feels heavier and more durable in the Other M version. The Zero Suit was first seen in Metroid: Zero Mission, ending sequences of Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime Hunters, and is making an appearance in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl. First of all let me say yes, it's a good looking statue with an iconic pose and the lighting looks nice. Before receiving it, I thought it would be a 5 star piece for sure. However after having seen 5 samples (including 3 regular editions) and having smashed 2 of them, I do need to point out some quality concerns.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop