HP Baked Beans, 24X415g

HP Baked Beans, 24X415g

RRP: £20.40
Price: £10.2
£10.2 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer with your knowledge and consent. As they are a fixture of most UK households, we decided to put several supermarkets' offerings to the test, and it was no easy task.

It was yet again a little watery for me, but not the thinnest sauce I'd seen during the course of the taste test. Then there are brands such as Heinz Beanz and Branston and then there are more expensive organic products. We recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products including medicinal products. We have to agree with TimPete that now the HP brand does not seem to be available from Tesco the alternative we find in its place, "H" variety, is watery, lacking in flavour and generally inferior. Now on recently opened cans of hp beans if find the bean content the same about 60% and the sauce is becoming thinner.We track calories and 7 key nutrients - carbs, sugar, fibre, protein, fat, saturated fat and sodium. Established in 1922, it may well have taken Branston 100 years to crack the art of the perfect tin of baked beans, but I think they've done it. At ASDA, we do everything we can to make sure the information about the products we sell is always as accurate as possible.

In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. I was optimistic for this one but unfortunately I found they were coated in the familiar, somewhat artificial, sauce usually found in a tin of spaghetti hoops.

Reading the label on the HP tin it does say in the contents that their is 43% beans and the rest is made up of an insipid red coloured water.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. HP Baked Beans in a Rich Tomato Sauce (2x415g) HP Baked beans provide a convenient, tasty meal for everyone to enjoy.Baked beans are an affordable and delicious staple in many UK households, with millions of tins sold each year. I tried nine tins of baked beans over the course of several days, which had an impressive combined weight of more than 2. Opting for supermarket own-label groceries is not only a great way to save money, but you often get tastier products as well. taste test has revealed that swapping to cheaper supermarket labels doesn’t necessarily mean compromising on flavour. Tasters said the texture of the Heinz sauce and beans were high points, but more than a third reported that the flavour was “too weak”.

I take no notice of the best before dates on most tinned products so these should last me a good ten years. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The mini tin from Co-op reminded me that not only are beans affordable, they're relatively healthy (when consumed in moderation, and not by the kilogram. I had to reduce the beans sauce on the hob rather than a zap in the microwave, taste alright and the beans are not hard like some cheap ones but there is a definite lack of beans in a thin runny sauce. The HP beans had a distinctive tangy flavour which I quite enjoyed, thanks to the vinegar in the recipe.HP Beans are the premium baked beans unlike the watery offerings provided by a German sounding brand. At 45p per tin, Aldi is certainly maintaining its reputation for affordability when it comes to beans. By the time it came to sampling Branston's beans, I was hesitant to believe their promise of "rich, thick, tomatoey sauce". Personally, I prefer a more solid bean to avoid the catastrophic bean mush when cooking, so these were a little on the soft side for me.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop