Night of the Gargoyles

Night of the Gargoyles

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They visit the museum, fly (if they have wings) straight up into the sky, splash in the fountain, scare people passing by, and talk of what they’ve seen and felt (the sun burning them, the rain pouring down on them, and the birds that perch on them that leave behind stains). Gedacht ist das Werk für Vorschulkinder - zum Vorlesen und zum Entdecken von ganz vielen neuen Eindrücken durch die wunderschönen Schwarzweiß-Zeichnungen.

A boy lies to secure work for his grandfather, newly arrived from Mexico; Himler's ""expressive, gestural watercolors. It gave the story a very eery feeling, making it one I would only indulge other in around Halloween time or in the darker months.Nostalgia and timeliness merge seamlessly in this uncommonly evocative picture book,"" said PW in a starred review. Das ist beim vorliegenden Band zwar leider auch nicht anders, doch sind es großformatige Zeichnungen, welche in eine geheimnisvolle Welt entführen. Mama Elephant advises Little Elephant to "tweak twice," by pulling on her tail, if she has any questions while they go for a walk. The impish creatures that I knew as a child (I KNEW) would come to life at night---then I forgot the title. It tells the story of how the gargoyles come alive at night but the story isn’t remotely engaging and I zoned out of the book after the first few pages.

This ominous book, thrillingly chillustrated in high-contrast scratchboard, describes an uncanny Halloween decoration. This Starting Points resource will give you everything you need to plan a beautiful book-based unit of work for children in Year 5 and Year 6. We are shown how much fun the nighttime can be for other creatures and what they like to do during those hours. This one was read to us when I was in primary school during library time, and I fell in love with it's grey-scale images, the way that the city was alight and alive even during the night, the way that artificial light and moonlight blended with the dark and shadow to make the night even more vibrant than the day. Even though junior high school is no picnic, and his widowed mother seems to be getting awfully chummy with their tenant, Nick, Michael is pretty happy.I was drawn to this book because I hadn't heard of it and because it seemed a drastic change of topic for the author I knew, with heart tugging texts such as Fly Away Home and The Wednesday Surprise. A girl and boy piglet prove they are swine for all seasons as they savor the best that each of the 12 months has to offer. In this somewhat treacly memoir, a girl saves a caterpillar, ""a small black creature/ like a tiny worm,/ .

Bunting addresses urban violence in this thought-provoking and visually exciting picture book inspired by the Los Angeles riots.In this set based on Night of the Gargoyles by Eve Bunting and David Wiesner you’ll find ideas to support spoken language, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and spelling.

They are a little comical and they just want to clean off the bird poop of the day and relax, have some fun and socialize. The latest in the series of Bunting's holiday books, this places the story of the Pilgrims in contemporary times. A nostalgic look at life in a Belfast boarding school during WWII sweetens the impact of this heartfelt examination of the meaning of loyalty. A contemporary Italian-American family living in New York City makes its annual pilgrimage to Liberty Island to celebrate the birthday of the Statue of Liberty in this poignant picture book.The poetic phrasing might be too confusing for younger children and might require further explanation even for older children. When Carson takes his dog, Jack, to the vet, she informs them that Jack is too fat: "He needs less food and no snacks! If a teacher can efficiently explain it to their students, it is possible for a 2nd grader to understand, but the scary tone of the book might be a little much.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop