Atari Flashback Gold - 50th Anniversary Console (Slightly Damaged Packaging) (UK/EU) (Atari)

£66.205
FREE Shipping

Atari Flashback Gold - 50th Anniversary Console (Slightly Damaged Packaging) (UK/EU) (Atari)

RRP: £132.41
Price: £66.205
£66.205 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

These are sometimes acknowledged in the documentaries, but even the extras are devoid of a single piece of that glorious era when the Atari and Star Wars logos appeared alongside some of the coolest, high tech games of the time. For modern audiences it would require more tutorial than the game itself, and it probably won't be enjoyable even after that. It was years after that when a friend showed me his Sega Master system, then a few years later Nintendo came out.

Atari 50: the Anniversary Celebration – Atari®

These did not disappoint… well, maybe some of them did; options like Cybermorph and Club Drive were and are disappointing games and commercial failures! While the original Flashback only includes games published by Atari, the Flashback 2 features two games by Activision: Pitfall!VCTR-SCTR – This mashup celebration of the vector era of gaming combines the gameplay from Asteroids, Tempest, and other vector-based arcade classics into a single, continuous challenge. anniversary of Pong -- the grandfather of all video games -- it is fitting that we begin to commemorate this milestone with the launch of Atari Flashback 2.

Atari Flashback Gold 50th Anniversary Anyone bought the Atari Flashback Gold 50th Anniversary

Atariboy I can answer a little, since the whole collection will be playable in Portland this weekend. The version of Pac-Man included is a homebrew port that is more faithful to the original arcade game and not the original Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man released in 1982. Nintendo and Sega deserve all the credit for what they accomplished, but let's not forget Atari who paved the way for so many in the gaming industry. Teksetter Ha, I read the words “PAC-MAN for the Atari 2600” and I instantly hear that internal dot chomping sound! The Atari era boasted a number of prominent women developers, for example, but sadly none of them are featured in these documentaries I would be interested to hear from other Atari contributors; Atari’s art and marketing departments represented some of the company’s greatest creativity, but their stories remain tantalizingly untold.Teksetter It still is kinda amazing to me that my dad was a gamer cause he stopped around when I was born but he had all the systems. Games are discussed in a documentary, presented alongside design docs and art, and for each one you are given a reason, or several, to try it out. Tempest 2000, Dino Dudes and Missile Command 3D are the only games on the list that people will like (maybe Club Drive too if you're into setting/breaking speed run times).

Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration on Steam Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration on Steam

That earlier collection didn't review well such as at this site, but it wasn't because it was poorly developed (Code Mystics does good work) or because it didn't have good games. This sounds like a fantastic collection for those few of us still around and still gaming after growing up playing the Atari VCS and Atari arcade cabinets.I don’t think I’ve played the game since ‘83, but to this day I remember the little dude flailing his arms and ultimately becoming a burger patty if you didn’t pop the chute. Other games that I feel should have made the list are: Iron Soldier, Power Drive Rally, Ultra Vortek (w/Speed Mode Turned on), Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Defender 2000, Syndicate, Primal Rage and Alien Vs Predator (even though it was sooo BORING, I felt like that game set the graphics bar for consoles really high for it's time). It was designed by Atari veteran Curt Vendel and his company Legacy Engineering Group, which designs other home video game and video arcade products.

Atari Flashback Gold - 50th Anniversary Console (Slightly

I’m surprised, since those specific features have become standard in Digital Eclipse collections and I believe they should become universally expected – but I also don’t miss them here as much, due to the largely arcade-y nature of the game list (and that includes games beyond the arcade years, I think there’s an Asteroids and/or a Missile Command on every Atari platform, many included here). Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration offers a novel way to delve into the past that’s filled with fun and surprises, much like walking into the Atari section at Sears in 1982 must have felt like – I wouldn’t know, I missed out! It's a shame most Atari 50 owners probably glossed right over this one due to the 70's era graphics.

The founder of today's Digital Eclipse had some connection to the original studio before it was closed up in the late 2000's. My only complaint is I've had so much fun in Sprint 8 that now I wish Atari's Sprint 4 and Indy 4 were here as well, not to mention Sprint One and Indy 800 from Kee Games (Sprint 2 from Kee is on the Code Mystics collection, but that would've been great to see as well).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop