Holiday In The Hamptons: the brilliantly feel good summer romance read from the Sunday Times bestseller

£4.495
FREE Shipping

Holiday In The Hamptons: the brilliantly feel good summer romance read from the Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She’d grown to love those precious weeks when sunlight burst through the darkness and all she trailed into the house was sand and laughter. They stayed up late and woke in the mornings feeling lighter and happier. Some days they carried their breakfast to the beach and ate it there right by the ocean. This morning’s choice, her birthday breakfast, had been a basket of ripe peaches. She’d been wiping the juice from her chin when she’d heard the wheels of her father’s car crunch on the gravel of the beach house.

I hate it when you call me ‘good.’ I’m not good, and one of these days I’m going to do something really bad to prove it.” If she was as worthless as he believed then she should probably run into the ocean, but he’d be pleased to be free of her, and she was damned if she was going to do a single thing that might please him. In addition, The Roundtree, Amagansett, Bridgehampton Inn, and The Quogue Club are also popular in The Hamptons. Bridgehampton Inn features a garden, shared lounge, a terrace and restaurant in Bridgehampton. Featuring a bar, the 5-star hotel has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, each with a private bathroom.... Dit blijft een leuke serie! In het vorige deel kwamen Fliss en Seth al voor en werd er een aanzet gemaakt naar dit boek. Ik vond het dan ook leuk om hun en hun verhaal te leren kennen.She didn’t ever want to be delicate. Her mother was delicate. Watching her navigate her stormy marriage was like watching a single daisy struggling to stay upright in a hurricane. Fliss wanted to be hardy, like a thornbush. The sort of plant people treated with respect and care. And she was fiercely determined to earn a good living so that she would never, ever find herself trapped in the situation her mother had found herself in. He was also her brother’s friend. If he knew she was upset, he’d tell her brother and Daniel would once again step between her and their father. His protective instincts had put him in the firing line on more occasions than Fliss wanted to count. She didn’t mind him doing it for her twin because when Harriet was stressed her stammer got so bad she couldn’t always speak for herself, but Fliss didn’t want him to do it for her. She could fight her own battles, and right now she felt like fighting to the death. The Hamptons are also known for its beaches. The beaches in Mauntauk and Southampton are considered some of the best on the Atlantic coast. They extend along endless stretches of clean sand, are busy in the summertime without feeling crowded, and are quiet but still comfortable and beautiful during the spring and fall. The old rusty gate scraped her hip as she pushed her way through it. Misery fueled every stride as she took the grassy path that ran through the dunes to the beach. No one could catch her now. She’d find a place away from everyone. Away from him. And she wasn’t returning home until he’d left. The birthday cake would stay uneaten, the candles unlit, the plates untouched. There would be no singing, no salutations, no celebration. What was there to celebrate?

She’d joked to Harriet that he was like an X-ray machine, or an MRI scanner, but the truth was he was just scarily perceptive. Or perhaps what she should really say was that he was perceptive, and she was scared. Many families visiting The Hamptons loved staying at Bridgehampton Inn, The Roundtree, Amagansett, and The Bentley Hotel Southampton. If you’d done what you planned to do and just walked in there and said, ‘Hi, good to see you again,’ you would have cleared the air and you wouldn’t be glancing over your shoulder. Things will feel easier when you’ve actually seen him.” La primera mitad del libro vas descubriendo que fue lo que pasó en su vida y porque Fliss es de esa manera, como tiene que lidiar con inseguridades y como busca la aprobación de otros, pero pasando a la relación amorosa aunque me gustó, siento que no salíamos de lo mismo, era un estire y afloje a la relación y me llegó a casar. On average, 3-star hotels in The Hamptons cost € 374.75 per night, and 4-star hotels in The Hamptons are € 486 per night. If you're looking for something really special, 5-star hotels in The Hamptons cost around € 499.81 per night (based on Booking.com prices).Love can be scary. We put our heart in the hands of another and that requires trust. But the alternative is that we go through life without love and that's not a great option either." The cloudless blue sky seemed hazed with gloom, and she knew that until he left again she was going to be dragging her bad mood around like a ball and chain. She didn’t want to see anyone. Not like this when she was raw and vulnerable. She always kept her feelings inside, but right now there didn’t seem to be room for them all. They filled the space around her heart, made her head ache and her eyes sting. She wasn’t going to cry. She never cried. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. If her eyes were watering, it was because of the wind. With her father, there was no cause for the anger. It was as if he rose in the morning and bathed in it.

Still, he hadn’t judged or lectured, simply handed her a towel and sprang down onto the sand as if his job was done. He never touched her, and she’d wished a million times that he would, even though she knew he was watching over her because he was Daniel’s friend and a responsible person.The Menhaden Hotel, Hotel Moraine, and Silver Sands Motel & Beach Bungalows are some of the popular hotels in The Hamptons. Six years.” Fliss grabbed a yogurt out of the fridge. “And why would I want time to myself? I love being busy. Busy is my drug of choice. And I love our business. We have freedom. Choices.” She nudged the door shut with her bare foot and saw Harriet wince. Sarah Morgan's From Manhattan with Love series includes the following installments as of September 2017: Breakfast at these hotels in The Hamptons are also highly-rated: The Quogue Club, Southampton Inn, and American Beech Hotel.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop