The Agathas: ‘Part Agatha Christie, part Veronica Mars, and completely entertaining.’ Karen M. McManus

£4.495
FREE Shipping

The Agathas: ‘Part Agatha Christie, part Veronica Mars, and completely entertaining.’ Karen M. McManus

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Brooke’s face flushes. She must be thinking what I’m thinking—I’ve never heard Steve speak like that before, not to anyone. Last summer, after I reappeared with no explanation, everyone was so pissed off, but Steve just ignored me—in fact, this is the longest conversation the two of us have had since the day he dumped me. He’s just not an angry guy. I didn’t steal him,” she interrupts. “Jesus, Alice. You are so dramatic. You were in Egypt. You guys were broken up. And then you disappeared—why did you do that? That was so scary—” May is a survivor. But she doesn’t feel like one. She feels angry. And lost. And alone. Eleven months after the school shooting that killed her twin brother, May still doesn’t know why she was the only one to walk out of the band room that day. No one gets what she went through–no one saw and heard what she did. No one can possibly understand how it feels to be her.

THE AGATHAS | Kirkus Reviews

She has got to be kidding. She’s playing it off like she’s the victim? “Haven’t I done enough damage? You’re the one who stole my boyfriend—” That image plays in my head, over and over. I grab my iPad and turn on something mindless on Netflix, but even that doesn’t help shut my brain up. All I can think about is that party and Steve and Brooke and what happened this summer and how unfair it all is. . . . Brooke runs past me, tears streaming down her face, phone clutched in one hand, face wild. She looks like my mom used to after a fight with the Thing when I was little. Desperate and in her own world.The road is busy tonight. It wraps along the cliffs, between the ocean and the hills, and there are only a few houses to the west of the highway. Downtown Castle Cove is on the east side of things, cut into the bottom of the hills. What would Alice be doing out? Her friends hate her. And she should be, you know, reading about Icarus. Oh well. It’s not my fault if she doesn’t study, I tell myself. I’m glad I’m getting paid, no matter what happens with her grades. A haunting, beautiful, and necessary book." —Nicola Yoon , #1 New York Times bestselling author of Everything, Everything

The Agathas by Kathleen Glasgow, Liz Lawson, Paperback The Agathas by Kathleen Glasgow, Liz Lawson, Paperback

Full of witty writing, banter, and adventure...readers will delight at the girls’ creative ways of drawing upon Agatha Christie to solve Castle Cove’s biggest head-scratcher of all time."— Booklist Our apartment smells like trash that needs to be taken out. Laundry we haven’t yet hauled down to the dreary basement, where we’ll have to lift out someone else’s clothes, musty and already half-dry from being left in the washer too long. Tuesday, 5/30 at 6pm - Barnes and Noble - conversation between co-authors Kathleen Glasgow and Liz Lawson I turn up my music as high as it’ll go, drowning out anymore racing thoughts, and take off down the driveway out to Highway 1.The Castle Cove Police Department thinks it’s an open-and-shut case, but Alice and Iris are sure it can’t be that simple. Park isn’t a murderer—and the girls know all too well that in life, and in mysteries, things are rarely what they appear to be. To understand the present, sometimes you need to look to the past. Brooke’s crying and her hair is in her face. Brooke has al­ways been pretty cool, and she doesn’t even have to be. She’s literally the most famous, richest girl in town. I mean, entire books have been written about her family history, which ap­parently involves some mysterious deaths at sea, a fortune made, lost, and remade, and an infamous custody battle in­volving her grandmother that made headlines around the world. All this means Brooke could be the biggest bitch in town, but she isn’t.

The Night in Question by Kathleen Glasgow, Liz Lawson

My heart starts thumping in my chest as I take it all in. And of course Kennedy chooses this moment to spot me. Developers bought up most of that land over the years and built huge houses like mine and Park’s. I guess it brought in a bunch of money to the town—made Castle Cove more of a liv­able place rather than just a tourist destination. More recently, they’ve turned their attention to revamping the Yacht Club. Ken­nedy’s dad has something to do with it, I think, which I only know because a few months ago she spent, like, a solid week moaning about how her dad had canceled their summer vacation to Barce­lona because he had to stay in town to help with the deal.The dangerous city of Ketterdam is governed by the Merchant Council, but in reality, large sectors of the city are given over to gangs who run the gambling dens and brothels. The underworld's rising star is 17-year-old Kaz Brekker, known as Dirtyhands for his brutal amorality. Kaz walks with chronic pain from an old injury, but that doesn't stop him from utterly destroying any rivals. When a councilman offers him an unimaginable reward to rescue a kidnapped foreign chemist—30 million kruge!—Kaz knows just the team he needs to assemble. There's Inej, an itinerant acrobat captured by slavers and sold to a brothel, now a spy for Kaz; the Grisha Nina, with the magical ability to calm and heal; Matthias the zealot, hunter of Grishas and caught in a hopeless spiral of love and vengeance with Nina; Wylan, the privileged boy with an engineer's skills; and Jesper, a sharpshooter who keeps flirting with Wylan. Bardugo broadens the universe she created in the Grisha Trilogy, sending her protagonists around countries that resemble post-Renaissance northern Europe, where technology develops in concert with the magic that's both coveted and despised. It’s a highly successful venture, leaving enough open questions to cause readers to eagerly await Volume 2. A propulsive mystery starring two unlikely friends who give Nancy Drew a run for her money. With a totally satisfying and surprising ending, The Agathas is so, so much fun.”—Jessica Goodman, New York Times bestselling author of They’ll Never Catch Us and They Wish They Were Us The Thing staring down at me, face red, then him stagger­ing to the door, pushing past the old man.

The Agathas: ‘Part Agatha Christie, part Veronica Mars, and

I can’t take it anymore. They’re all there, having fun, while I sit here alone. I deserve to be there as much as any of them. Brooke stole my boyfriend, and somehow I’m the bad guy? Everyone believes that Salil Singh killed his girlfriend, Andrea Bell, five years ago—except Pippa Fitz-Amobi.Part Agatha Christie, part Veronica Mars, and completely entertaining.”—Karen M. McManus, #1 New York Times bestselling author of One Of Us Is Lying Right. Levy Castle. The Halloween party the Mains throw every year. Even kids from neighboring towns come, swanked out and itching to get their drunk on. WHEN IRIS SHOWED UP in my room, I recognized her imme­diately, and, I hate to admit, I felt kind of bad that I had never bothered to learn her name. I mean, sure, if I spent my time learning the names of all the people at school, I wouldn’t have time to do much of anything else, but . . . I guess I could have made a little more of an effort. Alice’s house smelled like good things. Fresh flowers, food cooking somewhere I couldn’t see, the aroma wafting through the enormous front room.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop