Foreigner

Foreigner

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There was a time I listened to Cat Stevens. But sorry folks, anyone who openly advocates the murder (on religious grounds) of another artist no longer deserves any consideration for anything. Moonshadow – The Musical Closes Early". Theatre People. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013 . Retrieved 23 April 2014. Stevens contracted tuberculosis in 1969 [30] [46] and was close to death at the time of his admission to the King Edward VII Hospital, Midhurst, Sussex. [46] He spent months recuperating in the hospital and a year of convalescence. During this time, Stevens began to question aspects of his life and spirituality. He later said, "To go from the show business environment and find you are in hospital, getting injections day in and day out, and people around you are dying, it certainly changes your perspective. I got down to thinking about myself. It seemed almost as if I had my eyes shut." [38]

I like Cat Stevens' music best when watching Harold and Maude, and I love his version of "Morning has Broken." I don't consider "Foreigner Suite" to be a prog epic, or even prog.

Contributions

being honest, and I like being honest I must say that when I had the oportuinity to listen to Stevens Foreigner LP, the cd remastered cd reissue at my parents house with a marvelous set of speakers this was like unraveling a new world for me, I’ve know Yusuf for long and is very familiar with his work as Cat Stevens and I have most vinyl LP’s and some CD’s but this album which I personally only own on Vinyl I had never fully experiened in the remastered edition for compact disc and never with a really good set of speakers. Why was he turned away from USA?". Chinese Whiskers – FAQs. YusufIslam.com. Archived from the original on 1 May 2011 . Retrieved 26 November 2008.

The 2020 remastered version of Mona Bone Jakon will be available on CD, and in a new 2020 mix by David Hefti on CD and LP. The Super Deluxe Edition also has an exclusive third CD of previously unreleased studio material, and a fourth CD featuring 18 live performances from 1970 and 1971. The 2020 remaster was completed at Abbey Road Studios in London and overseen by Samwell-Smith.

Contributors

a b Mingels, Guido (21 May 2008). " "To Be, You Must Give up What You Are" – Interview with Yusuf Islam (2006)". ARABIA.pl (reprinted Qantara.de) . Retrieved 15 October 2015.

Honorary doctorate by the University of Gloucestershire for services to education and humanitarian relief. [184] Yusuf/Cat Stevens reveals the near-death experience that led him to convert to Islam". The Independent. 28 September 2020 . Retrieved 19 August 2022. Shteamer, Hank (20 July 2017). "Hear Yusuf / Cat Stevens' Joyous New Song 'See What Love Did to Me' ". Rolling Stone . Retrieved 29 October 2017.a b c Marot, Marc (2 April 2007). "Yusuf Islam's Manager Refutes 'Veil' Allegations". PR Inside. Archived from the original on 17 October 2008 . Retrieved 7 October 2008. Former Cat Stevens To Donate Some Box Set Royalties To September11Fund". VH1. 28 September 2001. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008 . Retrieved 11 February 2009. On 30 October 2010, Yusuf appeared at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's spoof Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear in Washington, DC, singing alongside Ozzy Osbourne. Yusuf performed " Peace Train" and Ozzy performed " Crazy Train" at the same time, followed by The O'Jays performance of " Love Train". [146] Also in November 2006, Billboard magazine was curious as to why the artist is credited as just his first name, "Yusuf" rather than "Yusuf Islam". [129] His response was "Because 'Islam' doesn't have to be sloganised. The second name is like the official tag, but you call a friend by their first name. It's more intimate, and to me that's the message of this record." As for why the album sleeve says "the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens", he responded, "That's the tag with which most people are familiar; for recognition purposes I'm not averse to that. For a lot of people, it reminds them of something they want to hold on to. That name is part of my history and a lot of the things I dreamt about as Cat Stevens have come true as Yusuf Islam." [129]

Note: Yusuf's denial on Radio 4: "I was really certainly not prepared or equipped to deal with sharp-toothed journalists and the whole way in which the media spins stories, and so I was cleverly framed, I would say, by certain questions where I couldn't, for instance, rewrite the ten Commandments; you can't expect me to do that! At the same time, I never actually ever supported the fatwa. I even wrote a whole kind of press statement very early on which the press completely ignored. And they went for the one which was written by the journalist who originally wrote the story, and so I had to live through that; but the interesting thing is that it brought me to kind of study the whole subject of jurisprudence, which again led me to realise that music, where you have certain rules which are dictated to by certain scholars, you have to dig a bit deeper and you find out that no, hang on, this is an opinion, an opinion, that's what a fatwa is actually. An opinion, which doesn't come directly from the Koran at all." Philadelphia Inquirer, 24 February 1989, p.5A, "Iran: West to blame Islam for forthcoming terrorism". Cat Stevens performs at the Kennedy Center Sept. 22 (by Peggy McGlone)". The Washington Post. 9 August 2016 . Retrieved 15 August 2016.

Recommendations

On 1 June 2016, Yusuf shared a new song called "He Was Alone" and its corresponding video. Part of his newly launched fundraising campaign for child refugees, #YouAreNotAlone, the song was inspired by a trip to southern Turkey's camps for Syrian refugees. [163] He performed the song live for the first time in a special charity concert, his first show in more than a year, on 14 June 2016 at the Westminster Central Hall in London. [163] Surah 107:Small Kindness – al Ma'oun". Archived from the original on 30 May 2009 . Retrieved 11 February 2009. Cat Stevens 'In the Dark' Over No-Fly List". ABC News 20/20. 1 October 2004 . Retrieved 14 July 2010. a b c Thompson, Richard; Stevens, Cat (1979). "International Year of the Child". 'Together for Children' (a joint Oxfam/Unicef Programme) presents. Performance at the Year of the Child Concert . Retrieved 30 January 2009.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop