Fish Tails

Fish Tails

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When these catch the light, many colours can be seen at different angles on the clear ones - pink, gold, blue. Fish Tails is a picaresque escapade of sorts that follows the protagonists of The Waters Rising as they travel through their world to spread warnings of an impending watery apocalypse. However, I needn't have worried as my interest was kept all the way through and not having any knowledge of earlier novels wasn't a problem. Everything was tied up at the end but with far too many balls of string and wax wrapping up all the loose ends, and plugging any holes.

I have been reading Tepper's work for 25 years or more and am sad to learn that this is the last of her "new" work as she died in October of 2016.While I'm on board with some of Tepper's ideas, I can't go along with this one, and it pervades the book without (as in The Gate to Women's Country) being a core theme or plot point. And one should definitely read the Mavin, True Game (Peter) and Jinian trilogies as well as A Plague of Angels and The Waters Rising before diving in. Not in a good way, like people are ambiguous and might be good or bad, oh no, there's no nuance here. Monk Fish has a mild taste and texture similar to lobster, often referred to as “the poor man’s lobster. The general philosophy was to allow everyone to do as they darned well pleased while building groups that could defend themselves.

Their distant land mammal descendants evolved to run with limbs underneath: an unstable gait allowing rapid direction changes.I tried to make the story last; it did take me over two months to read, but I read other things in between. The True Game series starts as a fairly standard fantasy that grows more and more unique as the series progresses. I can't recommend this book, but for Tepper at her best, try Raising the Stones, the Gate into Women's Country, Grass, the Jinian sub-series of the True Game, or the Revenants.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop