Cable Matters Unidirectional USB C to Mini DisplayPort Cable 1.8m Supporting 4K 60Hz - Not Compatible with USB C or Thunderbolt 3 Storage, Hard Drive or Audio Device

£10.995
FREE Shipping

Cable Matters Unidirectional USB C to Mini DisplayPort Cable 1.8m Supporting 4K 60Hz - Not Compatible with USB C or Thunderbolt 3 Storage, Hard Drive or Audio Device

RRP: £21.99
Price: £10.995
£10.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I would like to use the Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor: U2415 to charge my laptop which has a USB 3.1 type C port. MatteoM - The Club3D Adapter you linked is the most reliable of the third party USB-C adapters we've tested firsthand. The specs you're looking for are Displayport 1.2+ support, with support for 4K@60fps with a bandwidth greater than 20gbps. Your USB-C port specifically needs to be physically wired to work with the Nvidia card and the port must support DP 1.2+ signaling. I have a newer MBP with 4 USB-C connectors that I use with an LG UltraFine 5K Monitor (aka. LG 27MD5KA-B). You'd likely get more power from the display to your laptop with a common USB-A to USB-C cable plugged into the USB battery charger port on the display than you would with MHL. Using a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge your laptop means no video, again unless your display has some unusual features, or you are using some other cable between your computer and display.

Dell Adapter- USB-C to DisplayPort | Dell UK Dell Adapter- USB-C to DisplayPort | Dell UK

If your laptop's USB-C port will output DP1.2+, here is an adapter that's known to work with Pro. It will only work if your laptop is compatible. Is there some kind of powered USB-C hub that will combine a video input + power input as a single output so I can use this portable monitor?I have the same issue, I bought HTC Vive Pro and my laptop has RTX 2070 Super, and has a USB Type-C with Display port 1.4, But I don't know if its physically wired to Nvidia graphic card or not?

Troubleshoot connecting Surface to an external display

HDMI is not capable of delivering the bandwidth required to drive the Pro - you cannot drive a Pro via an HDMI port using any combination of adapter, cable, ect... If you can't confirm, reach out to your laptop's OEM to have them confirm if the port is wired to support DP1.2+ via the dGPU. In the unlikely event your laptop supports MHL on it's USB-C port then the only way to get power from the display, while getting video to the display, on one cable with the ports listed is with a MHL cable with HDMI on one end and USB-C on the other. That's unless this is some unusual display that allows for video on USB or something. There's plenty of cables out there with HDMI on one end and USB-C on the other, such cables will only provide power to your laptop if they are MHL cables and even then it will provide at most 7.5 watts. First, the monitor doesn’t have a DisplayPort input nor does it have a USB upstream port. It has a Thunderbolt 3 port that uses the USB Type C connector. The USB-C down stream ports are supplied by the Thunderbolt connection.DisplayPort and mini-DisplayPort provide power but this is less than 10 watts and is intended to provide power to attached cables or adapters, not to connected devices. The pins that provide power are not supposed to be wired to the other end of the cable. salalsalman - That photo doesn't bode well unfortunately. The only real way to get confirmation about this is to get the exact make/model of your laptop and ask the manufacturer for a definitive answer. The Displayport in that diagram may be hardwired to the laptop's screen if you don't have a miniDisplay port on there somewhere. Thanks @VibrantNebula for your very informative post. I have nearly the same problem as @NightOwl. I have a state of the art laptop (with a Geforce 2070 Max-Q GPU, Intel i9, ...) with no displayport. However I live in Western Europe and the adapter suggested is not available anywhere close by. Could you please suggest other adapters that have been shown to work with HTC Vive Pro? Or a guide on the minimum specifications needed for it to work? USB-B ports do not provide power. USB-A ports provide power but no more than 12 watts, that is assuming they meet the USB spec. There are devices on the market that violate the USB spec to provide more power than 12 watts through USB-A but if your laptop is going to take advantage of this then the cable to the laptop would also have to violate the USB spec, and do so in a way that matches this non-USB spec. Also, 12 watts is a maximum, the minimum allowed from USB-A is 4.5 watts.

Usb C To Display Port - Tokopedia Usb C To Display Port - Tokopedia

Will I be able to charge my laptop through any of the monitor's ports (given that I use an adapater cable such as USB 3.1 to HDMI)?I wanted to know if through an adapter, I could connect the old MBP from its Mini-DisplayPort to the USB-C of the monitor and have a video signal.

USB-C to DP bidirectional Anyone successful with using a USB-C to DP bidirectional

Most current gen HMDs have the same requirement such as Valve Index, Oculus S, Pimax 5/8K, ect... If your laptop ends up not being compatible with Pro, it will by default be incompatible with these other HMDs. HDMI ports provide power as well, and like DisplayPort, this is not supposed to be wired to the other end of the cable. MHL uses the HDMI ports and connectors and allows for power from the display to an attached device. MHL cables can use the HDMI connector on only one end, the other end will have to use some other MHL compliant connector. One such connector is USB-C. MHL devices connected with HDMI connectors are still limited to what power HDMI can safely handle, which is 7.5 watts. That is enough power for a Slingbox receiver, Chromecast device, or smart phone, but not enough to charge a laptop computer. Because not all MHL ports provide the maximum allowed power those tiny Chromecast and Slingbox devices that hang off HDMI/MHL ports always have a power input port separate from the HDMI/MHL connection. If the port mapping shows that your USB-C port is not hooked up to your discrete GPU and only your Intel integrated graphics, your PC is unfortunately incompatible with any Displayport 1.2+ driven headset including Cosmos, Pro, Rift S, and Index. You'd be limited to first-gen HDMI driven headsets. Generally a USB-C display is possible to work with a mini-DP to USB-C passive cable but you'll get only video, and possibly sound if the display has speakers or an output for speakers. Any built-in camera, USB ports, hand dryers, and towel dispensers will not work. They will need the power and/or data channels that USB-C has but mini-DP does not. Getting power from your display to your laptop is possible, though unlikely, given the ports you list. Even even less likely is this power to be enough to charge the laptop while you use it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop