Okki-Tokki-Unga: Action Songs for Children (Songbooks)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Just a few years before he started his solo career, Hozier guest-starred as a part of Anúna in "It's Always Christmas With You". Terry Murray appeared as a supporting guitarist for the other performers and makes a minor appearance halfway towards " Get Ready To Wiggle".

I remember this from when I was in Girl Scouts and this is all phonetic – I don’t remember at all what it meant. My mother used to sing me to sleep with the Eskimo lullaby which starts ‘I will cover your little feet with the soft skin of a moose’– at least 65 years ago (Amy E 21/12/2015 in response to Helene 26/01/2012 records the first verse of this and I was familiar with some but not all the lines) does anyone know the second verse? It is amazing what a Google search turns up. Lynda H I also have a memory of a song I sang as a Girl Scout. I recall that it was the story of an Eskimo hunter/fisherman looking for his catch. I remember the two verses you share as well others that take him through the hunt. I also recall a ‘refrain’ that goes: “eee-ss a noma mis a wa wa. eee-s a noma mis a wa wa.” Does that sound familiar? There were motions to go with each verse, too… I would LOVE to find the origins and right words for the song, as well! Thank you for asking your question so that I could happen upon the possible answer!Children do the actions of paddling a canoe while sitting on the floor) Hey misha, dey misha, do misha dey, (Then the next part goes something like this…) Hexa coola misha rona ,hexa coola misha rona (Children then stop rowing and look around with hand up at forehead then repeat the song). pepsi cora misa warra, pepsi cora misa warra, (sung slowly while looking around with hand shading eyes, then pointed aha! when you spotted the whale )

Tim wrote, "I was taught this song in the 6th Grade. Our teacher said it was an Eskimo song. The okki tokki portion was the Eskimo in his kayak paddling. We would all cross our arms and move them as though rowing a kayak with a double paddle and keep time with the lyrics.

Game Instructions

Song goes on to tell the story about shooting a bear, bringing it home, cooking it, eating it, then having a stomach ache.. I went to Girl Scout camp in the Poconos, PA in the 70’s. I remember the song as I learned it, and sang it to my kids when they were young as a “magic healing song”. I learned the same story about a Native American in the canoe first scouting for something to shoot, then shooting an arrow, then hauling in the catch, then paddling home. The lyrics as we sang were In this verse, we put our right palm over our eyes as if we were watching something. Respectively, when the seal hunt is in place, we simulate shooting with a bow./

Greg of course had his debilitating OI which prevented him from performing (though he thankfully never collapsed on stage) and forced him to retire. Then, in 2020, he suffered cardiac arrest before the encore at a charity gig for bush fire relief. The version from Go To Sleep Jeff! is the very definition of this trope. Greg's soothing vocals accompanied by the beautiful orchestral score make it easy to just get lost in the music. There were female Wiggles in both of the short-lived localizations of the band (Taiwanese/Mandarin and Latin American), before Emma.

Make grabbing motion}……Hey tacomamishawalka GRUNT Hey tacomamishawalka GRUNT Hey tacomamishawalka GRUNT

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop