Little Heaven

Little Heaven

RRP: £18.92
Price: £9.46
£9.46 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Overall, I really enjoyed the horror elements within this novel, but it felt dry and long-winded in between all of the dark and creepy moments. I loved the graphic imagery, both written and visual because I’m a weirdo like that. If you are looking for something dark and disturbing…in the best way possible of course, Little Heaven is the book for you!

so, 3.5 rounded up because the parts i liked were quite good indeed, and the parts i didn't like are probably good if you are not a defective reader, and while i wasn't scared-scared, there are some excellent creepy moments. The characters. Oh how I loved them all! Micah,Minny,Eb. And all the others too. But those are the main three,whose journey we follow. I came to adore Micah. I felt all the feels with him. That's the thing too with this book. It isn't just horror. There's all the other feelings too. Sadness,heartbreak,anger,even happiness. Such a well crafted story! Provides an unshakable haunting....Recommended for lovers of horror and books that make you question your sanity." Suspense Magazine on THE DEEP If you aren't claustrophobic now, you will be after reading The Deep. Terror at its best!" Ania Ahlborn Now I understand that David Miscavige only a handful of people come to mind when the term “religious cult” is mentioned, but seriously with this bullshit???? I mean all the way down to the pompadour and aviators . . .Overall I liked Little Heaven, but I feel like it had so much potential to be great and it just wasn't. There are some very good and CREEPY parts in the book that made it worth the read. If you can get past the beginning. I just really wish that I had loved this one more like I was expecting to.

Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted. I would recommend LITTLE HEAVEN to others, as there were some scenes that were truly worth reading, and many have enjoyed this one more than I did. Disclaimer* An ARC of Little Heaven was provided to me by Simon & Schuster Canada in exchange for an honest review as part of the Dark Side Read blog tour. This does not effect my review in any way.

The term “old school horror” also seems to get tossed around a lot when discussing this book, which I’d say is pretty spot on. Good news, perhaps, for readers who enjoy the older stylings of Stephen King. Bad news on the other hand for yours truly, who has always found King’s earlier work to be excessively wordy and bloated (which is why I could never get through his books like It). As such, I was really not all that surprised when I came to experience the same ennui with Little Heaven.

i love the relationships between the three main characters, particularly minerva's deep hatred of ebenezer: because what i appreciate the most about cutter's brand of horror writing is his old-school flair, where he seems to be channeling stephen king at the height of his powers and writing these contemporary spins on themes that king popularized: the ordinary horrors of childhood made less ordinary with the introduction of a spooky element, the inherent creepiness of children, suppressed memories resurfacing in adulthood, wonderful descriptions and atmosphere giving a weight to the threat that is taking its time to appear, making it all the more effective for its insidiously slow reveal. I kept telling people, it's a really compelling story and I'm enjoying it, but it's not scary. So maybe I was feeling a little disappointed...at first. A few people who had already read it, just kept cryptically saying: Just wait.The graphic imagery. Little Heaven was filled with two different forms of graphic imagery. Written and visual. The words alone made me visualize some pretty dark and gruesome imagery, but then there were actual illustrations throughout the novel that provided even more dark and disturbing imagery.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop