Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Imagination for a Lifetime -- Disney Titles All the Time; Walt Disney Home Video Debuts the Gold Classic Collection; An Animated Masterpiece Every Month in 2000" (Press release). The bed ends up in the middle of a street outside the house, which is locked, and their mother isn’t there.

The three of them are being raised, apparently, by a single mother who works full-time, and during their summer holidays she doesn’t have time to look after them at home, so she sends them to an old aunt’s house in Bedfordshire (same region as in her Borrowers novels).and some other things, but in terms of the story overall, I thought it came together really well at the end. Here is a library of books created by a community of parents and children where you can browse books that others have enjoyed and recommended. Me ha encantado reencontrarme con los personajes y descubrir una historia diferente a la de la película, aunque mantiene la diversión y la magia.

The musical score for Bedknobs and Broomsticks was composed and adapted by Irwin Kostal, with all songs written by Richard M. Directing animator Milt Kahl had designed the characters, but he was angered over the inconsistencies in the character animation.Uma mensagem por e-mail será enviada antes do término do período gratuito, que pode ser cancelado a qualquer momento. The result of this hair-raising incident is, long story short, the Aunt’s maid walks in on three filthy, sunburned children in tattered pajamas and a bed saturated in sea water that is running all over the floor. To reveal much more of the plot would be to spoil the enjoyment of reading the initial instalment and its sequel for the very first time, so I’ll restrict myself to general comments. My youngest son was watching the Walt Disney "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" movie and asked if it was based on a book.

It's very difficult for me to rate this because I think that my opinion is a tad biased, given how much I love the movie adaptation of this. Dall'altro lato, il libro è scritto molto bene e la trama è comunque molto carina e divertente, basta non ancorarsi al vecchio film e godersi la lettura per apprezzarla. Alcuni erano armati di stanghe, altri di mazze, uno – evidentemente un macellaio – arrivò con una grande mannaia lucente. So when, in the first part of this novel published in 1943, a trio of young children are initially sent from London to the Bedfordshire countryside by their mother and get themselves into all kinds of scrapes, we may suspect that it’s informed by events in her own life. A brand new paperback edition of BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS, comprising the two favourite magical classics THE MAGIC BEDKNOB and BONFIRES AND BROOMSTICKS.Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats for young readers. It is accepted by you that Daunt Books has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. Discover The Magic Bedknob and Bonfires and Broomsticks , two stories full of magic from much-loved author Mary Norton, and the inspiration behind the classic film. Clean hardback tightly bound in blue cloth with gilt titles, cloth has minor rubbing at corners, spine tanned, no inscriptions.

En general, es una novela recomendable, con escenas que me han inspirado ternura y momentos graciosos. She began writing while working for the British Purchasing Commission in New York during the Second World War. They are at least reading copies, complete and in reasonable condition, but usually secondhand; frequently they are superior examples.Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. The themes are a bit like those of the little witch stories of Ruth Chew, but this is a larger, richer, deeper book. Weighill had previously dropped out of school and began his acting career in an uncredited role as a schoolboy in David Copperfield (1969). I can never work out if children’s books were more violent or unsuitable then or now – now there’s so much violence and harm in kids’ books but they’re not left alone so much, maybe! And while we don’t actually learn how to become a witch in ten easy lessons, what we do come to know and understand – loyalty, courage, acceptance, love – will offer rewards that are greater and longer-lasting.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop