A Kind of Magic: The Kaleidoscopic World of Luke Edward Hall

A Kind of Magic: The Kaleidoscopic World of Luke Edward Hall

RRP: £50.00
Price: £25
£25 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I believe that rooms look best when populated with large pieces of furniture. Even small rooms. Go for the biggest sofas you can, and proper, comfortable armchairs. There’s nothing worse than a too-small armchair. Contrast is key, again, however: I also love spindly side chairs and tables.

The designer has also personalised the reading lamps above the bedside tables with sketchy doodles of martini glasses, the Eiffel tower and different French words. Bathrooms in the hotel are equally bright in colour a b "Why ski chalet decor needs a cliché or two". Financial Times. 2022-11-18 . Retrieved 2023-04-25. News about our Dezeen Awards programme, including entry deadlines and announcements. Plus occasional updates. Dezeen Events Guide A landmark illustrated anthology of queer Greek and Roman love stories that reclaim and celebrate homosexual love and sensuality, from artist Luke Edward Hall and award-winning poet Seán Hewitt. Among all the classical treasure sits a postmodern 1980s Memphis Milano table lamp by Ettore Sottsass. Photograph: Mark C. O’Flaherty/The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletters

The history boys: How one couple's funky flat is bringing the past alive". TheGuardian.com. 7 April 2018. Give me wonky lamp shades and pictures hung in a layout that doesn’t quite work, with frames squished into odd spaces. For inspiration, see the fantastic homes put together by the gardeners Julian and Isabel Bannerman, such as their former home, Trematon Castle in Cornwall. The cafe is topped by a tortoiseshell-effect ceiling painted by local artist Pauline Leyravaud. The hotel's cafe across the road boasts a tortoiseshell-effect ceiling As a child, and already an insatiable art lover, he was often busy drawing, cutting and gluing. Today Luke Edward Hall is an artist, a designer and a journalist.

The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond a mere trivial mention. If notability cannot be shown, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. This point is very much a continuation of my previous ones. The best rooms reflect their owners, so collect the things you fall in love with no matter when or where they are from, and never worry about them fitting together. As my friend the interior designer Beata Heuman says in her new book Every Room Should Sing: “There's a lot of joy in expressing one's individuality. It is freeing. It can be exhilarating.” Piles of books sit by the window, hinting at Duncan and Luke's inspirations. The books chronicle everything from Cecil Beaton to mid-century architecture, and Fornasetti to Nigel Slater. Along with British folklore and Cecil Beaton’s fancily dressed 1920s clique, Hall’s aesthetic has always included the more frolicsome aspects of ancient Greece and Rome. “It dates from when I was working with architect Ben Pentreath,” he says, “and learning about classical buildings and design. I began playing with motifs on paper and ceramics.” A glance in any direction takes you to 1970s Italy one minute and to the Aegean the next. The pair are human magpies. “We have similar tastes,” Hall says, “but there are ways where we’re” – he chooses his words tactfully – “different.” Hall is quieter and more painterly: “I go a bit Bloomsbury group, 1970s,” he admits. You might add Rex Whistler, Bright Young Things, Jean Cocteau, Ancient Greece. “You could call it a queer aesthetic,” he told one interviewer. “You tend to go more art deco,” he tells Campbell, who says, “Yeah, I like a lot of 20th-century design, modern Italian architecture.” Campbell is louder and not overly fond of Hall’s penchant for Staffordshire figurines. They do not enter the flat.

Artist and designer Luke Edward Hall, based in London, has taken the design world by storm with his playful, nostalgic, charming, and sophisticated interiors, fabrics, ceramics, furniture, stationery, prints, drawings, and paintings. With a strong belief that his artwork, décor, and interior design convey “happiness and optimism,” whimsical and romantic themes and a bright coluor palette are purposeful hallmarks of the wunderkind’s aesthetic. Luke Edward Hall (born 1989) is a British artist, designer, author, and columnist, described by both The Times and The Guardian as a "rising design star". [1] [2] News from Dezeen Events Guide, a listings guide covering the leading design-related events taking place around the world. Plus occasional updates. Dezeen Awards China In my Cotswolds cottage, faded English chintzes and bits of Italian gilt wood sit side by side with the odd chinoiserie mirror and inexpensive, painted French piece. This kind of mix is the essence of English country style — the look that was made popular by Colefax and Fowler from the 1930s. Our version is a much more humble and cottagey take (there’s no space for swagged curtains, much to my chagrin). I really wanted this space to feel above all joyful and welcoming and alive, classic but a little bonkers at the same time," added Hall. Luke Edward Hall has added illustrations to the bedrooms' lampshades

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop