Bosch Garden Shredder AXT Rapid 2200 (2200 W, 230 Volt System, Cutting Capacity 40 mm, in Carton Packaging)

£130.5
FREE Shipping

Bosch Garden Shredder AXT Rapid 2200 (2200 W, 230 Volt System, Cutting Capacity 40 mm, in Carton Packaging)

RRP: £261.00
Price: £130.5
£130.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

While you always have the option of taking dull garden shredder blades to be professionally sharpened, doing this yourself is surprisingly easy if you have the right tools. Here’s what you’ll need to do: Removing Your Garden Shredder Blades We’ve already mentioned that the Bosch AXT Rapid has been around for a while. It was designed and constructed to last – a particular Bosch trait. Where problems do occur Bosch’s customer service is second to none. You really can’t go wrong. More manuals of Garden Shredders Frequently Asked Questions about Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Garden Shredder A Which review in November 2007 claimed it was, “the most efficient garden shredder we have ever tested”. For me the fact that this shredder has been on sale since 2007 is also a testament to its popularity and reliability. If it wasn’t any good Bosch would have pulled it off sale long ago. If you use your garden shredder regularly, there will come a time when you won’t be able to sharpen them anymore. Fortunately, replacement blades are usually easy to find. Simply follow the steps above for removing the blades, and then put your new blades in their place.

Not bad but you will still need a heavy duty, outdoor extension lead so you can easily move the shredder to where you want to do the shredding. Home > Garden & Terrace > Garden Shredders > Bosch Garden Shredders > Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Garden Shredder Manual Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Garden Shredder Alina Jumabhoy has spent several years learning about, and experimenting with, different organic growing techniques at various gardens and farms around the country. Fuelled by her quest for self-sufficiency, she’s now putting that information to good use on her own rural farm.Hopelessly unreliable, this shredder. I have twice had mine replaced under guarantee because it kept turning itself off (as per Norman P) and now my third one has started to do it, But I am now out of guarantee. Don't buy one! Assembly/storage: Assessed how easy the shredder is to set up, its size and weight, and also how easy it is to store.

Read our Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 review. In our opinion it is still the best impact garden shredder you can buy today. It combines a great combination of shredding performance, build quality and price If the shredder is in and out of the shed regularly, you’ll need one that’s easy to manoeuvre. Look for large wheels and comfortable handles and if weight is an issue, opt for an impact shredder which will be much lighter to lift and move. So long as you use a vice to hold your blades in place while you sharpen them, a disc sander with a fine-grit disc is a great tool to use. Use short strokes to run your sander over the blade’s beveled edges. Make sure that you keep them in line with the angle of the bevel. No idea what this means other than the double sided bit. That means that you can turn the blades over and get twice the cutting life out of them. I asked the reason for the malfunction and if there is the economic possibility of being able to solve it by purchasing, if necessary, the relative spare part.We know of plenty of people who have happily resharpened the blades. Just be aware, Bosch say not to do it. One of the most common questions we are asked about garden shredders is “what power rating should I go for?” Motor power rating is only one consideration when comparing shredders but there is no doubt that this shredder is more than powerful enough. The 2200 Watt Bosch ‘PowerDrive’ motor and that high rotational speed cope with most things that you are likely to throw at it. Even with pretty large branches being fed the shredder doesn’t slow down that noticeably. Value for money: Considered all of the above, plus quality and design, the RRP and length of warranty and availability of spare blades. Not many people have a belt sander at home, but if you know someone who does, it could be worth paying them a visit. Belt sanders work in a similar way to disc sanders and grinders, with one big difference – rather than putting your blades into a vice and running the sander over them, the sander remains stationary and it’s your blades that move over it.

However, the blades are not meant to be re-sharpened. As you can see – the Bosch blade is quite chunky. To stop vibration the blade needs to stay balanced. Sharpening, unless done professionally, is likely to unbalance the blade. Using an impact shredder with unbalanced blades create vibration and increased noise levels. The AXT copes with a very wide range of garden waste. Even pretty big branches, right up to the claimed 40mm upper limit, are efficiently chopped into 1mm chips ideal for composting. We’ve fed it a mixed diet of laurel, leylandii, apple, bramble, elm, plum, beech, rose, holly and pyracantha. Everything gets chopped up neatly and efficiently. Even the thorny stuff like brambles, holly and the particularly vicious pyracantha are reduced to such small pieces that the thorns are no longer an issue and the shredded waste is safe to handle. Ear defenders are very much recommended – sound levels from this shredder are around 103-105dB. This is well into the danger zone. Obviously it gets noisier while it is chopping wood. You might like to consider a quieter model if you have particularly sensitive neighbours.There’s practically no assembly to do so you will be up and running in next to no time. Most users claim they have the shredder out of the box and in use within about 5 minutes. The Bosch comes with a “double sided, laser-cut precision blade that delivers approximately 7 times more cutting power than conventional blade shredders”. My shredder has worked well for the past 3 years but now as soon as I switch it on , it switches off again after 2-3 seconds , even with no load. Is there aa cut-out switch somewhere that I don't know about? Very satisfied with the product, I have had it for several years, only here is the internal thread that holds the blade is worn, I would like it to be repaired rather than throwing the shredder away. Who repairs this kind of product without it costing as much as a new one?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop