Magswitch Technology MAGJIG95 On/Off Magnetic with 95 lb/43 kg of Vertical Holding Force Yellow

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Magswitch Technology MAGJIG95 On/Off Magnetic with 95 lb/43 kg of Vertical Holding Force Yellow

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This 3S battery had a much lower internal resistance and there is a bit more ring as a result (And there was quite a bit of wire length between the battery and the board). Even so, the peak is about 17V, which is not a problem for the switching regulator (which has a 20V abs. max. input voltage rating). Though it is doubtful that the board will survive a 4S LiPo battery. Load Tests: If you need more than a design, we’ve got you covered at a fraction of the cost of a machine shop. Magswitch can help you customize a range of components to expand the usability of your tool.

The switch should dissipate a maximum of 0.6W for an applied current of 40A. Maximum current can exceed 1000A for short durations ( less than 100µs). That should be adequate. Our products are designed to be ‘fail safe’ since there is no need for any power during a lift. With a positive indication of the magnetic circuit, the operator can confidently perform knowing the material is fully attached. Magswitch offers Electric, Pneumatic, or Manual for ‘on-off’ actuation. PerformanceA perfect entré into the Magswitch Workholding System. Once you have this tool, get all the other great tool attachments and simply mount them to the base as needed. Those are 14AWG wires. I believe that 12AWG is the max size that the board will accommodate. 14AWG is rated at 34A for chassis wiring. If you think you will be averaging more than that, then the 12AWG is rated at 41A. It's all relative to power and heat -- use your discretion. Test Results: At Magswitch, we strive to ensure every Magswitch tool makes the work place safer, improves productivity, is maintenance free, reduces energy consumption, is easy to use and has an ROI measured in weeks or months. In short, a Magswitch tool is designed to exceed customer expectations! Edit 2020-02-02: BHarbour pointed out my laziness in his comment. The following is a bit of extra work to solidify the design.] Reducing the standby current: I've tried the low current LEDs, but the one I used previously wasn't very bright. Plus I have an inventory of 0603 LEDs in a bunch of colors that cost me a penny/each. They seem plenty bright to me at 5mA -- the request that I got was to make the LED visible in bright sunlight while out at the flying field. Compared to the 4A or 30A load the 3mA of LED current is a nit.

The condition of the surface also matters. If it’s painted, the magnet is a tiny bit farther away from the steel, so you get less force. Have a rusty surface? Less force. Maybe your surface has an irregular shape; this might also affect the force. I decided to use a 4S battery and a 60A ESC to generate a current above 30A to test the circuit. When I connected a fully charged (16.8V) 4S LiPo to the input the circuit lets some of its magic smoke out. After all the cussing ended I was able to determine that the TPS70950 LDO had apparently latched up -- the current was enough to fuse the VIN lead open: Magswitch products have flexible options to handle your lifting needs & adapt to odd or round shapes. Downtime The Zener + pass transistor approach is one that I considered an dropped. Most Zeners need a bit of current to get up into their knee region, where they're stable. After you add the resistor and another SOT NPN it's a larger solution. The LDO is certainly more expensive, but simple and reliable. Or it just could be my prejudices from a long time ago and things have changed now. The final result was a lifting frame that utilized Magswitch’s shallow field patented technology to load and unload the snow plows safely and effectively into the press brake. The Magswitch Advantage SafetyThe MagPress is part of a family of welding, lifting and fabrication products, that reduce project cost to complete and days to deliver. Major shipyard customers say, “Using Magswitch tools helps us save over 20 hours every week of unproductive fitting and grinding just on one substructure!” Magswitch MagJigs are a fixturing clamp that will easily secure your fixture into place. Rotate the knob to turn it on and off for magnetic hold force. With the Magjig, simply drill a hole in a fixture and place the MagJig in to use for downward pressure clamping. forces listed above are not safe lifting forces. Designer must take into account safety factor when specifying tool. Magswitch recommends SWL = 5:1 for most applications. In Automation Magswitch tools fill two categories, pneumatic actuated tools and electric actuated tools. In pneumatic tools does not rely on a constant source of vacuum or air pressure to operate. Our pneumatic cylinders are used for app. 300-400 milliseconds for an on and off cycle, the balance of the part movement time uses no air, when compared to other products Magswitch uses app 90% less air. This is a significant saving and often energy savings repay capital cost in around 12 months. Magswitch E-Tools(electric) can eliminate all air requirements in a body and white production line. The Magswitch e-tool only requires an electric pulse for as little at 100milli-seconds to turn on and to turn off. Both The e-tools and the p-tools(pneumatic) do not require energy to hold position. This means in the event of a power down they fail safe and hold position, no parts dropped. What does Magswitch fail safe mean?

The change from the AH180 hall-effect sensor to the S-5716 sensor changes the way that the switch works. Previously, the switch would change state when the magnet was removed. Now... Read more » My first thoughts were to add a snubber -- a series R and C across the inputs. This could be just a tantalum capacitor with an appropriate ESR value . The problem I found was that the capacitor had to be greater than 100µF and the series resistance (or ESR) around 100mΩ. I could not find a reasonable size ceramic 100µF capacitor with a 25-50V rating, or a tantalum with <500mΩ ESR. The solution for the snubber to work was to put 15x 10µF ceramic caps in parallel -- so I abandoned this idea in favor of adding resistance in series with the input. I soldered two 30AWG Kelvin leads to the PCB pads near where the wires were connected. The location of the Kelvin leads makes a big difference in the measured voltage drop across the FETs. Since I don't have any precision/programmable load that can generate 40A I used my Tundra airplane's motor and ESC to provide the load. The Tundra draws very close to 40A during full throttle from a near fully charged hefty (5Ah) 3S LiPo battery.Downtime is eliminated with Magswitch, unlike traditional steel lifting systems. With a 100% duty cycle, no more standing or waiting around. Cost Savings I've decided to pursue four types of switches. One for low current/low voltage applications such as RC gliders without motors. Two with higher current and voltage for motorized RC aircraft. A fourth with an integrated battery eliminator circuit (BEC). Low Current Switch Specs: In what direction is a force pulling on the magnet? This also matters a great deal. You’re not going to be able to apply 150 lb of shear or sideways force against an MJ-150 and expect it not to move. This is true of all magnets.

Electromagnetic and vacuum lifting systems are costly in the long term regarding energy and maintenance costs. Magswitch ‘Greentech’ technology will offer you significant savings in energy and repairs while increasing productivity. Custom Solutions Magswitch is a breakthrough in control and strength of permanent magnets, making the shipbuilding process faster, safer and delivered at a lower cost,” said David Morton, Chief Executive Officer. “Magswitch is being used in over 100 major shipyards around the world. Designed to work on any cast-iron table to hold down your work so you don’t have to. It works on both sides of the blade and even the fence. It features two 20mm Magswitch MagJig 95 magnets. Guides Dual Roller Guide Change the hall-effect switch to increase the trip threshold. The S-5716ACDH2 component is specified with a typical threshold of 45 Gauss vs. 35 Gauss for the AH180 part. The minimum specified threshold is 25 Gauss. It is apparent that a 30V rating is not enough to prevent inductive transients damaging the LDO. The second pass, and all the other mag switch circuits, will have a protection resistor to prevent this in the future. After replacing the LDO and the hall-effect device, which was also damaged by the event, I jury-rigged a 330Ω protection resistor in between the LDO and the battery. I plugged/unplugged the battery many times to see if there was any remaining tendency to smoke, but the circuit doesn't have that problem anymore. High Current measurements:NO drop zone risk. By using the MagReach 400 accessory the operator can control the load, under hook, from a safe distance, without entering the drop zone, increasing safety and reducing operator stress and the safety of those in the work environment. The Magswitch Magreach 400 allows the operator to stay clear of the fall and climb zones. What is the Pareto Factor, when using a Magswitch CE Lifter? It’s a great demonstration of how it works. Initially, when building it, we thought we might show all the details so our readers could learn how to do it themselves (and maybe buy some K&J magnets to do it). However, we learned that assembly is a real challenge. We also found that we spent more money on magnets and parts from the hardware store than if we had just bought a Magswitch ®. Load regulation is hard to measure without an electronic load, but seems to be better than the line regulation. Passive shunting is where extra steel in the magnet housing is added to absorb “stray” magnetic field in the Off position. Typically, a passive shunting magnet has one large magnetic circuit. Why is Passive shunting less effective than a Magswitch active shunting magnet?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop