ANNA SUI Fantasia Mermaid Eau De Toilette 30ml

ANNA SUI Fantasia Mermaid Eau De Toilette 30ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I remember smelling Anna Sui perfumes in the very early 2000s and being intrigued by the clean softness that was paired with something a little unexpected. I got a bit of fruitiness with floral notes very sugary vibe and what a pretty mermaid would smell like. Now, the note pyramid seems really typical for an Anna Sui fragrance, but the bottle is gorgeous, or gorgeously over the top.

I need to stay away from aquatic scents because I don't like them, so I think I learned my lesson about being seduced by pretty packaging and I need to look up reviews and notes while I'm in TJ Maxx etc. Top notes are Blood Orange, Cardamom and Mandarin Orange; middle notes are Litchi, Jasmine and Peony; base notes are Honey, Vanilla and White Wood. Legend has it that a secret world exists beneath the oceans, where goddess of the sea float through castles of coral and hidden gems. I picture travelling in the car by the ocean on a clear day and the salty breeze just gently passing through the window.Somehow this is all swirling together to give tropical vibes- though I don’t distinctly get one beachy note causing this. I could smell it wafting through the air as my daughter skipped ahead of me after a full day of school. It’s not a mermaid who’s still very much tied to her home in the sea, but more of a mermaid who’s beached herself on a tropical island and is sipping on a a fruity cocktail with friends. While we strive to provide accurate and helpful information, we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy or reliability of the AI-generated pros and cons.

This perfume smells like the sun, the tropical beach, and the frozen fruit delights used to stave off the heat. Upon trying it, I did come to understand where all these opinions came from but I was actually pleased to find this musty saltiness that is so characteristic of the ocean. I am in my early 30s and I feel like I kind of out-grow this perfume now (not just because of age, but also how I start to appreciate other perfume notes). My first thought was that it was a complete dupe for Taylor by Taylor Swift, which was another one of my favourites back in the day. On me, Fantasia Mermaid is a soapy, sweet, yet light and easy to wear citrus combined with a syrupy honey and vanilla smell.The longevity and sillage aren't amazing but I think this perfume could get overwhelming so I'm happy that it isn't suffocating. I smell a lot of the notes mixed together, jasmine, litchi, honey, and cardamon are the notes that stand out the most to me on dry down. It's that feeling of sunbathing on a rock after a swim in the ocean; crystalline drops of salty water glistening in the sunlight.

I don't get any of the other notes at all- it smells generic, like bubble bath, and I neither love it nor hate it. For example, some top note citrus scents smell stronger immediately upon application, while a lavender middle note may be sensed after some time from application as the top note evaporates.It's fairly linear, although the very end-stage drydown has a just a touch more woodsy-ness than the majority of the scent's life-on-skin. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what this perfume reminds me of, but I've read a few reviews mentioning Light Blue so maybe that's it.

I blind bought a 30ml mostly because of the bottle, and also the fact that the reviews here on the scent were generally favorable. Perfect little gem after a hot summer day spent at the beach, and you have had a shower and are on your way out.However -- the scent itself is less commercial/overly chemical fruity floral (what I hate and what I was expecting) and more a simple, lovely sugared fruit. The thing is that although all the notes are there, Fantasia Mermaid seems to project the very worst aspects of each one. is heavy and thick and feels luxurious and vintage, and the golden parts are heavy and thick and beautifully 'carved'.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop