IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE NEW EDN: New Edition

IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE NEW EDN: New Edition

RRP: £13.99
Price: £6.995
£6.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And I'm so glad I did, this is really insightful and written by one of the great editors of our time! The second half is about digital editing, and the first 10 pages or so of that are a little specific about technologies, and things I already knew about (e. Well written and this is the second edition, although as the author knew would happen, film production has moved on fast. Kurguyla ilk kez temas edecek kişileri belli yanlış ezberleri henüz oluşmadan çok doğru şekilde yönlendirebilir.

It's a quick read, probably only a few hours from front to back, so there's really no reason at all not to pick it up and read it.

While it's unfair to judge Murch's book by how fast editing evolved in the two decades after it came out, I do not approve of the status this book has. In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing is a non-fiction filmmaking book on the art and craft of editing authored by Walter Murch.

In the Blink of an Eye is celebrated editor Walter Murch’s vivid, multifaceted, thought-provoking essay of film editing. I don't have a film background and after college got a job in video production--for companies, startups, etcs. held að það sé mikilvægt fyrir mig sem klippara að rekja sögu klipps frá byrjun og fá innsýn inní vinnubrögð fyrri tíma.

Murch has a chapter on all the new software out on editing film and he is still a bit skeptical it can deliver on all its claims. Because you want to do only what is necessary to engage the imagination of the audience—suggestion is always more effective than exposition.

Walter Murch Talks the Subtleties of Editing Systems, the Myth of Shot Length, and Visual Sensitivity".He also talks about the importance of letting go of the filming once we get into the editing room, so that our choices are not determined by how hard certain shots were to get but rather decide based on what shots best serve the story. Past a certain point, the more effort you put into wealth of detail, the more you encourage the audience to become spectators rather than participants. Ele fala sobre: o porquê e o que motiva um “cut”; a experiência dele em edição de filme; a história da edição (transição do cinema analógico para o digital: pontos positivos e negativos). Aparte de su conocimiento del montaje y de un sentido artístico audiovisual que podíamos dar por hecho, Murch tiene una sensibilidad literaria y una prosa envidiables.

Walter offers both the very interesting origins of physical film editing as well as the dawn of the digital movie age, and the crossover techniques that still exist today with the likes of Spielberg. That's only when he's not nagging on about the fact that he likes to put his KEM on an elevated surface, because he prefers to edit while standing up. Mitch applies real world psychology and science to delve into the history of editing processes and the theory behind why it works. One of the things I found most interesting is that Murch says its not obvious that film cuts should work as well as they do.To be clear: Murch is no luddite, he made the choice to switch for reasons he weighed very carefully. I’ve been editing since I was 12 so it has certainly affirmed and validated for me a lot of the things I knew about editing on certain levels, but never have had explicitly stated. I have read a lot of books in my time and Walter Murch's 'In the blink of an eye' is easily one of the best of those! I was scheduled to teach Introduction to Digital Video Editing during our Summer semester here at Texas Southern University.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop