My Child and Other Mistakes: The hilarious and heart-warming motherhood memoir from the comedy star

£8.495
FREE Shipping

My Child and Other Mistakes: The hilarious and heart-warming motherhood memoir from the comedy star

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Strictly judge and ex-pro Anton du Beke and his wife Hannah share adorable six-year-old twins George and Henrietta. She revealed in an interview with Lorraine Kelly shortly afterwards that her daughter was ‘annoyed’ she had been booted off the show as she got ‘really into it.’ Stand-up comic, broadcaster and actress Ellie Taylor is relatable, clever and interested in how women can have it all. Her honest, hilarious and moving account of the whys and hows of having a baby makes perfect reading for expectant mothers and fathers everywhere, as well as those who've been there, done that, and wonder how on earth they did.

In My Child and Other Mistakes, Taylor chronicles her ascent into adulthood. I don’t mean the passing of the years that makes us a grown up but the decisions that we make that validate that in modern society such as getting engaged, getting married, having kids. In 2002, my work was accepted into the Salon International Show at Greenhouse Gallery in San Antonio where it received the Artistic Merit Award. The judge CW Mundy said, “Your painting has the spirit of painting in plein air.” I have painted plein air, sketched outdoors, usedmy photographsto remind me of a scene, painted from memory, and from setups. In this very funny book she writes candidly about her own personal experience exploring the decision to have a baby when she doesn't even like them, the importance of cheese during pregnancy, why she took hair straighteners to the labour ward, plus the apocalyptic newborn days, childcare, work and the inevitable impact on life and love and most importantly, her breasts. Disclaimer: This list won’t include any of the jokes that Riley or Ellie tell in the Left Behind DLC.If you really want to be entertained this is the perfect book for you - just be mindful you will be laughing out loud, so may not want to read this book on the train!

For anyone who is pregnant, or trying to weigh up whether or not they ever want to be pregnant, this is a really helpful insight into what you might experience and - importantly - that all of the negative experiences and emotions that you may go through are NORMAL and OK! For those like me who have recently experienced preganancy and newborn life, it is a great book to reflect on what you have experienced so far - and to realise that those times where you think, or thought, you were doing a bad job, you were just / are just a human being and doing the absolute best that you can. It was never preachy, never ‘everyone should be a mum’ or ‘I’m so brave because I am one’. It was always an understanding voice, offering silly anecdotes or helpful advice. But still there was earnestness. I’ll end with my favourite quote, which while written in a chapter about PPD, I think is very useful for anyone struggling to hear: As well as personal stories, both emotional and funny, Ellie supplements these chapters of her life with data and facts about parenthood that were so eye opening. For example the realities of maternity and paternity pay, or the racial disparities across birth fatalities. I absolutely love Ellie she’s one of my favourite comedians so was excited to see she had a book out and I got approved for an ARC. It’s a very honest and raw read at times and Ellie covers the whole experience conception, birth, the discrimination mothers face, discrimination non-white mothers face in healthcare treatment and expectations as a mother. Ellie doesn’t hold her punches, but I never expected her to, full of her usual humour and grit, but also such sensitivity and kindness to her audience. Fantastic read, only criticism is I’d have liked a bit more of Ellie other than her motherhood role, but that’s all I can criticise Ellie and her husband now live at Holly Lake Ranch north of Tyler. Her husbandretired from the pastorate and is now Pastor Emeritus.

During my annual play through of the game I always make sure to hear each joke Ellie has to offer because I think they’re just such a great addition to the game and make both of the protagonists feel like living and breathing people.

I enjoyed this book (on audiobook, narrated by Ellie herself) but it didn’t blow me away. Parts were relatable and parts were funny but on the whole I found it a bit wannabe worthy.Strictly: It Takes Two host Janette Manrara and her dancer husband Aljaz Skorjanec are parents to baby girl Lyra. Ellie's comedic, best-friend style shines through, covering even serious topics in an approachable way.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop