Charlie Changes Into a Chicken

Charlie Changes Into a Chicken

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Charlie feels quite lonely because at first, no one else seems to believe him that this is going on, let alone tries to understand why. Over the course of the book, Charlie aims to overcome his difficulties and worries before the school play to avoid any major embarrassments. A brilliant debut... a book that is not only laugh-out-loud funny but offers important advice about coping with anxiety." The Mail on Sunday, Children's Books of the Month When Charlie’s friends start to doubt him, who can he turn to? And will he ever find out why he keeps turning into animals and most importantly what is he going to turn into next?

I laughed out loud at the part about yin and yang and win and wang. Oh, and the rhino poo - giant poo will never not be funny. Lara Williamson, author of A Boy Called Hope and The Boy Who Sailed the Ocean In a future when humans are believed to be extinct, what will one curious robot do when it finds a girl who needs its help? Twelve-year-old Maggie embarks on a dangerous journey into a sinister realm to rescue a schoolmate, andencounters bizarre creatures, moon witches and dark horrors. A compelling fantasy adventure that explores the nature of happiness, friendship and trust. The first in a sidesplitting new series about a boy who keeps changing into animals. Perfect for fans of David Walliams and Kid Normal. Oh, zo zo zó heerlijk dit soort kinderboeken. Daarom zou iedereen kinderboeken moeten lezen. Je kúnt niet anders dan hier dolgelukkig van worden. HET IS ZO GRAPPIG!!!Told from Charlie’s point of view, there is a dark side to the seemingly comedic nature of this book as you realise that Charlie’s animal habits are a cause of a bigger problem. This is a book that isn’t what you expect, cleverly portraying ways of dealing with stress and anxiety, and providing some sound advice throughout. Welcome to The Nothing to See Here Hotel! A hotel for magical creatures, where weird is normal for Frankie Banister and his parents who run the hotel. Superleuk boekje. Heel knap beschreven. Vriendschap die op de proef wordt gesteld. Kunnen de vrienden Kasper geloven als ze het niet met hun eigen ogen hebben gezien? Want Kasper verandert als hij stress heeft in een dier. Welk dier dat weet hij niet, want dit is elke keer opnieuw een verrassing. Alleen niemand heeft het ooit gezien ... of toch ... net die jongen die Kasper altijd pest is er getuige van dat Kasper uit de lucht viel, toen hij een duif was ...

I’d heard a lot of talk about this book and how funny it was but also how it was a great representation of what it’s like to have anxiety. I’m sometimes a bit wary of hype but I’m particularly interested in children’s books that deal with mental health or emotional wellbeing so I decided that this was a book that I really needed to read, I’m so glad that I did. But the essential, underlying message to children I tried to weave throughout is this: you are not alone. And also, whatever you do, don't stand underneath a rhino when it's doing a poo.Ik heb dit boek reeds mogen lezen voor de Hebbanbuzz. Het boek verschijnt op 7/02/2019 in het Nederlands in de boekhandels. Sami on lähes tavallinen lapsi, mutta hänellä on ongelma: aina huonoimmalla mahdollisella hetkellä hän muuttuu eläimeksi. As I continued writing, and I understood what my mind had done, I realised if I could weave in amongst the poo and wee jokes something about general anxiety for children - how it can feel and what you can do about it - then it might be of some small help. Wonderfully heart-warming and absolutely hilarious." Catherine Doyle, author of The Storm Keeper's Island

A side-splitting debut... fantastically ridiculous... will have readers snorting with giggles. - Press Association Nappasin kirjan sattumalta mukaan ja se oli yllättävän mukavaa luettavaa. Kirjailija on taitava ja onnistuu käyttämään tällaista "minä selitän tarinaa sinulle juuri nyt" -kirjoitustyyliä kymmenien alaviitteiden kanssa erittäin hyvin. Monet yrittävät tätä tyyliä käyttää, mutta tavallisesti vain sotkevat kertomistyylinsä. Copeland taas onnistuu tässä hyvin. This is a book that isn't what you expect, cleverly portraying ways of dealing with stress and anxiety..This is a brilliant and positive debut from Sam Copeland" Booktrust

Guided Readings ANSWERS - 24.03.2020

A clever and hilarious story with a hero you'll love... I'm already looking forward to the next one - Parents In Touch A stand-out star, offering belly-busting hilarity.. Head and shoulders above the competition." The Guardian, Children's Books of the Month The Power of Reading: How Books Help Develop Children’s Empathy and Boost Their Emotional Development

Gloriously silly, gleefully naughty, totally entertaining. So good, in fact, that I HAD to finish it once my son was asleep!" Michelle Harrison, author of A Pinch of Magic A little bit of kindness and understanding can go a long way. So, to celebrate Empathy Day on 8 June, we’ve gathered together the best books that explore what it means to be compassionate towards others. So with the help of his three best friends, Charlie needs to find a way of dealing with his crazy new power - and fast!Vähän päälleliimatun hauska juttu, joka olisi toiminut paljon vähemmälläkin alaviittaamisella ja itsetehostuksella. Itse tarina oli kiva, Pieni poika joka yritti yksin selvitä vähän liian suurien tunteiden kanssa (syöpää sairastava isoveli yms.) mutta jonka kaverit "auttoivat" vaikeitten aikojen yli. Tekstin sisäinen vitsailu ja selittämisen selittäminen teki kirjasta paikottain sekavan, jopa hankalalukuisen. Ei siis ihan heikolla lukutaidolla varustetulle. Trouble is, it only happens when he gets worried, and right now, Charlie has quite a lot to worry about: Stay up to date with BookTrust by signing up to one of our newsletters and receiving great articles, competitions and updates straight to your inbox. A stand-out star, offering belly-busting hilarity.. Head and shoulders above the competition. - The Guardian, Children's Books of the Month Fresh and funny - this reads like a modern-day Dahl. - Christopher Edge, author of The Infinite Lives of Maisie Day

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop