Somebody I Used to Know: A Richard and Judy Book Club Pick

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In the last few days I’ve started a blog called Which Me Am I Today? It’s somewhere I can put all this new information I’m discovering and, most importantly, it serves as my memory when I know that each night my brain is deleting files as I sleep – the day before becoming as much of a mystery as the day ahead. This book was done so well the topics were handled in a way that I don’t think I’ve ever read in a YA book because I find with books about sexual assault if there’s a romance aspect then the romance seems to break the reality of the sexual assault trauma. This one has two different romances; Derek has a girlfriend, and Ashley has a love interest. They are both done excellently. Sexual assault is a part of each of these romantic relationships because they’re a part of these two different people. I never once felt like the actions of the couples went against the natural progression that would occur in a relationship with someone who is a survivor or family member of a survivor of a sexual assault. The movie was inspired by ’80 and ’90 romantic comedy movies. It also has hints of Brie’s former experiences in terms of dating. But it wasn’t based on a specific event or some fictional work. It’s an entirely original story brought to life by two talented writers and a phenomenal cast. Disclaimer: I was triggered when I read this book. And because of that, I cannot guarantee that this book will be “curse-free”. If you are uncomfortable reading curses, I apologize in advance. This book has a sensitive topic, which is rape. If you are uncomfortable talking about that too, you are free to not proceed and read the review. Please read at your own risk. reading books on the topic of rape culture is always so painful but my goodness, is it so bloody important.

Somebody I Used to Know Based on a True Story or a Book? Is Somebody I Used to Know Based on a True Story or a Book?

A heartfelt, heartbreaking and heartwarming story of love, family and loss and the ties that bind us’ DANI ATKINSWell my life is in a right mess. I have recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia and I am now feeling very depressed about what the future holds for my wife and I. What is worse my wife is now bed ridden with Multiple Sclerosis. When she was taken to the John Radcliffe hospital she was taken to ward 7d and received no treatment.Every time she asked to be taken out of the bed and transferred to an adjacent chair for exercise the nurses A heart crushing but inspiring tale, Someone I Used To Know is the latest romance novel from treasured author Paige Toon. A book described as possessing ‘all the feels’, this latest Paige Toon release is an emotional read.

Someone I Used to Know | Book by Paige Toon | Official

With humour, truth and grace, this book [gives] a unique insight into what it's like to live with Alzheimer'sRape is not a socially acceptable topic, but it's been highlighted in many books, as it should be! The way this author presented the subject was brilliant - victims, their families and their communities are vastly impacted when sexual assault occurs and this book provides amazing insight into every aspect affected. As I said above the story switches between ‘then’, where we get to read about Leah, Theo and George as teenagers growing up together straight to the present day. I say it a lot but I’m a huge fan of stories with alternating chapters whether it’s characters or periods of time. This is an emotive story, dealing with the past and present relationships particularly between a brother and sister, Derek and Ashley, and most especially after she was raped by her brother's friend and teammate. It is a heart wrenching story portraying the feelings of guilt, betrayal and pressure on the family and peers as well as the victim. It also highlights how societal expectations and excuses, rape culture and more really need to change - as it says in the story, "Does anybody ever say 'Oh, it's just extremists being extremists.' No! So why is 'boys will be boys' an excuse?" It is a story about striving to change these attitudes, moving forward, forgiveness and love.

Leah was such an amazing and complex character and Theo and George - well I’ve never loved two guys so much at the same in a book as I did these two! Derek was obviously the character on a journey from complicit to champion. The dialogue around his education seemed more like the writer attempting to educate readers poorly disguised as plots.Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW by Patty Blount in exchange for my honest review.*** I just loved it – I was so invested. Touching, beautiful, romantic… and the hottest love interest omg!’ LIA LOUIS

Someone I Used to Know Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Someone I Used to Know Download - OceanofPDF

Mitchell's] amazing memoir is a real insight into what living with dementia is really like. It's very poignant and beautifully written * Woman's Weekly * Of course I still read it and of course I loved what I read .. something is always better than nothing ... but I was beyond desperate for more! I am not a very patient person at the best of times and the wait was killing me only seconds after finishing it! In a way, I understood why Derek wants to have some of his own “Me” time and own stuff to do that is not shared with Ashley. However, what I don’t understand is the way he handled getting it. Ashley was attached to Derek; they were close when they were little. And so when Derek started pulling away from Ashley, of course Ashley would cling even tighter because she thought that she’s not wanted anymore. Derek just got his approach wrong. I found myself utterly captivated by Someone I Used To Know, charmed by Leah’s busy household and generous hearted parents who offer sanctuary to children in need, warmed by the intense bond that develops between Leah, George and Theo, and heartbroken when the trio are separated. I delighted in alpaca’s with personality, giant fluffy bunny’s, and a wood planted with love and hope for the future.this book shows the life "after" and really highlights on how we can do so much MORE to educate and prevent rape culture No one tells you how to break the news to work colleagues. It's one support that should be given to any staff member going through the same as I did. The Human Resources (HR) team should have supported me on how to deliver the news. Hopefully things may have changed a little for the best now. Every time I see Paige Toon is releasing a new book I literally Squeal with excitement! I have been reading her books since the very beginning .. well since Lucy in the sky ... and I have loved every single book she has released since! Paige also did an amazing job describing some of the realities of the foster care system ... positives and negatives! The movie Somebody I Used to Know is not based on a true story, and it’s not based on a book. The movie was written by Alison Brie and Dave Franco, it’s their first time co-writing the movie, and the rom-com seemed like a perfect opportunity to test the waters. The movie is likewise not inspired by any specific true event, but it is inspired by 80′ and 90′ romantic comedies.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop