The Hoops Little Book of Football: Quotes from players age 8 and 9 playing grassroots football to raise funds

£6.375
FREE Shipping

The Hoops Little Book of Football: Quotes from players age 8 and 9 playing grassroots football to raise funds

RRP: £12.75
Price: £6.375
£6.375 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Second place is meaningless. You can’t always be first, but you have to believe that you should have been – that you were never beaten – that time just ran out on you.” Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence. If you’re in control, they’re in control.” –Tom Landry The true champion believes in the impossible." - Usain Bolt, former Jamaican sprinter and soccer fan, reported by Goal. In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can’t." - Robert Lewandowski, reported by Sports Illustrated.

Football is not a sport for the elite…… • It is available for everyone, irrespective of size, shape, color or faith. • It is a real sporting democracy, which offers educational values, health benefits, social opportunities, and sporting worth. The game is a wonderful vehicle for personal and sporting development. • At the base of the football pyramid, grassroots football benefits all levels of the game. • UEFA's mission as the parent body of European football includes helping to ensure that the sport maintains a healthy grassroots – the foundation on which the élite game can thrive. I don’t need the best hairstyle or the best body. Just give me a ball at my feet, and I’ll show you what I can do.” I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success." - Lionel Messi, reported by CNN . Mini-Soccer aims to set realistic expectations. It focuses on the development of children rather than the result of the match.On the pitch and for life generally, I keep my center by remembering that I am part of a team, and if I don’t do my part, I let down not just my team but everyone who follows it.” If you can accept losing you can’t win. If you can walk you can run. No one is ever hurt. Hurt is in your mind.” In football, the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward.” – Pep Guardiola And I understood that in an age where there was so much ego, because of the camera, that it was very important to look for that kind of player ... I began to look for the kind of player that doesn't need his ego fed by stardom, but will do what he's supposed to do because he knows the game and loves the game, and will do the job the right way even if someone else gets the glory."

Obviously, having grassroots football in the community will encourage new players to improve their football skills and to have fun. This will help to develop the local talent and confidence of players, regardless of where each individual player is from. As a result, grassroots football helps to promote diversity and it reduces the likelihood of discrimination, sexism and racism. Beyond technical football skills, grassroots football can teach players - young and old - about the importance of friendship, camaraderie and teamwork. Not only do younger players develop skills, but adults leading the grassroots football are developing their coaching, fundraising and researching skills too, as they ensure that grassroots football is kept alive. Hosting Events When you're a goalkeeper, it doesn't matter how well you play; if you make one mistake and it costs the game, it's a bad day." - Tim Howard, reported by BrainyQuote. Grassroots Structure and Support • Establish the following: • A grassroots committee • A dedicated grassroots manager • A grassroots strategy • A grassroots budget • Incorporate commercial sponsors and public funding • Former players, politicians, celebrities • Festivals, school projects, soccer schools, tournamentsIndividual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” Football is not just a game, it's a way of life. It teaches you so many lessons that you can apply both on and off the pitch." - Shinji Kagawa, reported by ESPN . Soccer quotes are caffeine for the soul. They nourish the subconscious and give us that boost to sit up straight and carry on. After all, we hear a lot about mind over matter and the power of positivity. Well, quotes and soccer sayings are precisely the right fuel to keep those motivational fires burning. Becoming a footballer is only the first half of the silent prayer a kid offers up to the sky or confides to his teacher in a primary school essay. The second part is the name of the team he wants to play for.” Football is an art, like dancing is an art - but only when it's well done does it become an art." - Arsene Wenger, former manager of Arsenal, reported by The Independent .

Success’ in grassroots soccer is very relative to the ability and ambition of the individual player. For some it is to move to a higher level to progress and further develop their game. For others it is continued enjoyment from playing with their friends on a more limited basis Success should be considered as giving everyone the opportunities to play and to take part in social activities built upon the foundation of team spirit. Grassroots success is about pinpointing the needs and investing time and effort in catering to those needs in a way that will allow as many people as possible to continue in the game for as long as they want. I believe that football can be used as a tool to bring about positive change in society." - Yaya Touré, reported by The Guardian . Agencies dealing with sport, education, health, welfare, crime, drugs, homeless, anti-social behavior, rehabilitation programs, and refugees -- all of whom stand to gain from grassroots soccer projects. Provide compelling data of how grassroots schemes contribute to different government priorities and objectives. Maximize dialogue, develop detailed action plans involving key partners, train staff members to deal with ‘political relationships’, Use major international events or tournaments to raise the profile of grassroots soccer Football is a universal language, a passport to adventure." – Pelé, from his autobiography "My Life and the Beautiful Game," published in 1977. The most important thing in football is what happens on the pitch." - Lionel Messi, reported by Goal .

Explore Topics

I don't want to be remembered as a good goalkeeper. I want to be remembered as a great person." - Gianluigi Buffon, reported by UEFA .

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop